Life is 400 km from the Earth: on the skin of the ISS DNA of bacteria found in Madagascar

In combined with the outer surface International Space Station samples scientists found the DNA of bacteria that live in Madagascar. Be at an altitude of 400 kilometers they could, climbing with positively charged particles up to the ionosphere.

It was thought that the Earth's biosphere extends to an altitude of 40 km, then 90 km made abroad, and now we have determined that at 400 km also is life. Elena Shubralova i> blockquote>

© AP Photo / NASA-TV i>

Astronauts have found the DNA of bacteria in one of the experiments that took place at the International Space Station in 2014. Astronauts took samples from the outer skin during spacewalks. They found the DNA of bacteria that are normally present in soil Madagascar. About this TASS reported representative brain research institute Roscosmos TsNIIMash Elena Shubralova at a scientific conference on research and experiments on board the ISS.

According to Elena Shubralovoy, bacteria can get into the surface stations, rising from the positively charged particles up the ionosphere.

In 2013, on the skin of the ISS found DNA fragments microbacteria obitayuschh in Arctic waters. bacteria from Earth to colonize Mars can : in one experiment, bacterial spores Bacillus pumilus SAFR-032 and a half years left in the open space in the module EuTEF, and some of them have survived.

The spores of bacteria Bacillus pumilus SAFR-032 showed a survival rate of 10-40% after 18 months of being in the open space (in the shade), and in the simulation of Martian conditions survival rate was 85-100% (in the shade) i>

Source: geektimes.ru/post/248866/

Tags

See also

New and interesting