In 2017, the head of the Russian programmer transplanted to another body

In February 2015, the doctor Sergio Kanavero published in the International Journal of Neurosurgery article devoted to surgical transplant of a human head on the body of the donor in hypothermic conditions . Thirty programmer from Russia Valery Spiridonov has agreed to become the first person to undergo the operation. Valery suffers spinal muscle atrophy, he now speaks on Skype with Kanavero and preparing for possible operations.

In the интервью Daily Mail Valery said that relatives support him, and that he himself had long been studying transplants head on another body.

"I'm afraid I? Of course, I'm afraid. But it is not only scary, but also very interesting. But you need to understand that I had not such a great choice. If I do not get that chance, my fate will be very sad. Every year I get worse, "- said Valery.

Photo source i>

Italian doctor сообщил CNN , which has already received many letters from those who want to take part in the experiment, but the first patients will be people suffering from muscular dystrophy.

The cost of 36-hour operation of £ 7, 5 million. Donor body is a person whose brain is dead, but the body itself - healthy. For the operation, the patient and the donor of the body to cool to 15 degrees in order to reduce the risk of death from lack of oxygen and thus protect the organs of changes resulting from exposure to low temperature. Tissue and blood vessels are cut up around the neck, the head will attach to the bodies by means of special tubes and then cut the surgeon using spinal cord ultrafine blade both people. Head on the body of the recipient transplanted donor and connect the spinal cord with the use of polyethylene glycol, which is a definite effect on the substance of the spinal cord - is compared with the way when cooking spaghetti stick together. Then there will be only restore blood circulation, make the muscles and wait three to four weeks until the spinal cord srastetsya.

In addition to proper preparation for surgery the doctor to solve a number of problems, including select state, which will take over this responsibility and will allow for the transplantation of the head on its territory.

Surgeons in the XX century have tried to turn over his head. In the 1950s, a surgeon from the Soviet Union "created" twenty animals with two heads, each of which lived no more than six days. Monkey head is transplanted to another body in the United States in 1970, lived for more than a week. Kanavero sure that the technology available today, and developed his own methods will be successful in this experiment.

It is hoped that the operation will help Valery feet.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/248738/

Tags

See also

New and interesting