Gabe Newell spoke about his vision for the future Half-Life 3

A rare photos from the show DICE in 2013, Gabe and number three in one shot i>

Waiting for the game Half-Life 3 was already something of a native religion, and heard about this project, even those who never played in the HL. More than a decade waiting for the players continued культовой series from the company Valve, which gave rise to a lot of ironic jokes about the general director, Gabe Newell: Gabe does not know how to count to three, and immediately says to four, Valve does not go to E3, because the title is a triple, Gabe went immediately fourth grade after the second and so on. Gamers have already passed all stages, from anger to humility and hope to see continued adventures of the great theoretical physicist Гордона Freeman melts every year. CEO and founder of developer Series Half-Life Valve years to avoid questions about the game. During interviews and meetings with Newell, players and journalists have often warned: "There are no questions about Half-Life 3!". Yet, it happened.

«When we think about the tasks and challenges that lie ahead, we tend to choose those projects and franchises that are suitable for their best performance. And if we do not have a suitable project, we will create another one. You know, I'm a fan of the TV show, a fan of a number of writers, movie buff and, of course, computer games. And every time I got an amazing experience and sometimes I start to worry at the thought of what will never feel anything like that. I'm a fan of Terry Pratchett, but after his death I can not read any of his new novel of Discworld. We understand all of this, and we believe that through this understanding we can make our customers happy, and fun for them - the better.

We're going to start from their own experience, and we have learned over the years is enough. We're not going to bump into retro, because there are so many things that deserve to be studied by us. The only reason for the creation of the "classic" retro-product can only be the desire of a large number of people in our company to do this. But understand, if we want to do the next part of Half-Life, while ignoring everything that we learned while working on Portal 2 and other multi-user projects, we made a mistake. Thus we want to say that we will continue to move forward, but it should not cause concern among our players. » I> - said Gabe Newell.

Doing squeeze interview Gabe can conclude that the light Half-life 3 will not see, and if the game will be created, it is a little likely to be similar to the previous part of the franchise.

Valve position in the face of Gabe's understandable. As the developer of such hits as multi-session Counter-Strike (1.6-GO), Team Fortress 2 and Dota 2 company follows the latest trends and F2P-model of the last two and sale of caps and chests (including in CS: GO) brings decent profit. It is also worth understand that if Valve finally released Half-Life 3, but it does not meet the expectations of the players (overgrown ten years before the small size of the galaxy), the company will suffer serious reputational damage. So while Gabe and his team maintain the status quo: the players waiting and hoping for a silent masterpiece continuing adventures of Gordon Freeman and his Valve does not work out. You wait for Half-Life 3?
Yes! not. Not anymore, tired of waiting. Never played in the game series HL, but heard. What is a Half-Life? Voted 1412 people. Excused 104 people. Only registered users can vote in polls. Sign , please.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/247584/

Tags

See also

New and interesting