The most heartwarming threats

Flop on his back and tummy to show - that's aggression! )

These snow leopards for the first time they see each other, they purr, rub noses and necks about all that will fall, dig the ground legs - love at first sight? But no! Zoologists explained that this aggression: leopards show each other their power and labeled each territory. They seem to say: "Look, what I'm dangerous! This is my territory! But I like you. "

The video on the right - male, left behind a grid - female.

[next]

Chelyabinsk leopard Dragon's brought to Krasnoyarsk for breeding with a female Bianca on 15 October. Once it "emptied" of portable cells in aviary, I went to see how well snow leopards react on each other. Two hours in the rain and, finally, the meeting. Now leopards live in neighboring cages, while love (rut), they begin in February, then connect them. If animals make friends, zoologists can settle them together before.
The photo Bianca

Dragon: "Where am I?ยป

Examine, on bent.

Bianca somehow distrustful glances at the newcomer.

The lack of natural enemies in their habitat makes the leopards so naive that when a person, they often decide to hide, "What, because I have such a protective okrasochka now solyus as the environment!" At a meeting with poachers, it certainly ends sadly.
The photo Bianca

Irbis are on the verge of extinction, the cause is man. Poaching and habitat reduction of the snow leopard - the main threat to the species numbers. Also population of leopards depends on the population of mountain goats, which are actively hunted by poachers. In addition, snow leopards are often caught in a loop and traps set by other animals and birds. In Russia, all leopards live in protected areas. Because of the secretive way of life for rare mountain cats over large areas of nature reserves is very difficult to follow. Despite the fact that in recent years the rangers are actively using the method of chipping animals and photo-traps, the most effective method of counting fish remains on the trail.
In the photo, they come closer ...

A pair of snow leopards formed in the Park "Swarms creek" first. Bianca was born in Perm Zoo, "Swarms creek" she arrived in 2002, a small kitten. Until now, experts Park worked on the selection of the male, suitable Bianca blood. The fact that snow leopards are on the verge of extinction, and to maintain the genetic diversity of species is conducted rigorous breeding.
Dragon sees Bianca

I have everything, we wish a couple more furry kids!

Tags

See also

New and interesting