ISS occupied all the available docking stations

This image (renderer) published tweeted agency NASA i>

European unmanned cargo ship Cygnus CRS Orb-2 ranked fifth docking unit, so that the International Space Station now busy all really affordable places abbr>. However, on Friday the Cygnus must undock and release one place.

Who is "parking" are manned spacecraft Soyuz TMA-12M and Soyuz TMA-13M, which deliver crews to the ISS / Earth (one ship as a spare) and three unmanned cargo ship.

Who is on the ISS and how I got here?

Manned spacecraft Soyuz TMA-12M arrived March 27 (carrier rocket Soyuz-FG, Baikonur Cosmodrome) with members of the 39th expedition (they have already left the station) and undock September 11.

Manned spacecraft Soyuz TMA-13M arrived May 29 (carrier rocket Soyuz-FG, Baikonur Cosmodrome) with members of the 40th expedition, and undock November 10.

The unmanned cargo ship Progress M-24M (Progress 56), arrived July 24 (carrier rocket Soyuz-U Baikonur Cosmodrome), load: about 2500 kg, fuel, food and water, scientific equipment and consumables; undock October 27.

«Progress" before docking i>

The unmanned cargo ship Cygnus CRS Orb-2 (load: 2000 kg) was launched into orbit on July 16 by the American company Orbital Sciences. She is one of two commercial companies (along with Space X), NASA received a contract for the delivery of goods. Unlike capsules SpaceX Dragon, this can not go back to Earth and burn up in the atmosphere after undocking today August 15th. Astronauts load it unnecessary garbage and waste, then encounter on Earth.

Cygnus CRS Orb-2 before docking i>

ATV-5 - the last cargo ship, which is delivered to the ISS ESA. This heavy machine brought on 12 August 7700 the station kg load and unload / load it before burning in the atmosphere are already up to 25 January 2015.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/233413/

Tags

See also

New and interesting