Tsvetomuzykalny installation "Baby 001"

Hi, Habr!

It has long dreamed of creating tsvetomuzykalny installation. I was always attracted to the music of the flashing bulbs. At the time, makes the circuit on thyristors - a classic, simple enough to repeat the scheme. Worked pretty well after a selection of filters. For school discos in the compartment with stroboscope that was enough. Now it wanted to do something more worthwhile, with a minimum of cost in terms of money and time. Under the cut you will find the DMU on a "Baby-001."

Having read some theory about how to allocate the spectrum of the desired signal frequency for implementation tsvetomuzykalny installation realized that the Fourier transform and the other is not for me. The decision came easy - ready to repeat the scheme, and to dissolve the board and come up with a design lamps by yourself. After a brief search has found the scheme "Baby-001" on the two controllers. Of course - this is not a scheme that is optimal, but from the reviews and comments on several sites, I realized that this is exactly what you need.

Without going into the details of the software (took it as a finished module) card spread, got something like:

Soldered, connect four LEDs tapped the microphone, LEDs blinked obediently. The easy part was done. Not a tricky business to repeat someone else's design.
Next, I've been thinking how to make lamps. It was decided to involve four channels, so that you had four LED ceiling (by the way, a sale is a chandelier with 4 lights). Looking through somehow feed their sellers on ebay, I came across a high-brightness LEDs "Piranha" for some funny money, something like $ 14 for 100pcs (25pcs on. Different colors). This gave me the idea to make a LED lamp in the finished covers. Until the order came from distant China were made board:

By connecting the resulting LED module to 12V (naturally through a resistor) everything was even more elegant than I expected. Fees bred under ceiling lamps for halogen lamps.

Not to pull extra wires, just use a microphone, so when playing any music (even with the phone), we obtain the flashing lights.
Here's a little video (link) of how everything works after installation (sorry for the other sounds in the video, in the form of a child's voice, very much loved daughter).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25037786/habr/CMU/VID_20130317_120659.3gp
Here are flooded on youtube, but played hard.

All wires are hidden in giprochny box (which had previously conceived simply as part of the design), lamps embedded there too. The video can be difficult to see, but the frequency is fairly well marked, that is, flashing occurs beautiful music.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/212651/

Tags

See also

New and interesting