Microsoft Surface Pro 3 based on Intel Haswell is available for pre-order

One of the most rapidly of (b) are discussed families tablets Microsoft Surface enriched by a new model - Surface Pro 3. Characteristics impressive tablet, Microsoft is clearly going for broke, trying to grab one throw maximum market share to the notebook PC. Will their cunning plan? Under the cut - the characteristics of the tablet, configuration options, the cost (so far only in the US), as well as quite a bit of reasoning that all of this will turn out.

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 is positioned as a universal full-fledged computer that can replace not only a laptop, but the desktop, justifying this thesis not only traditionally wide range of accessories, but also impressive performance characteristics. The tablet is going to processor-based Intel Haswell i3 / i5 / i7, memory and internal storage varies depending on the configuration (RAM 4.8 GB ROM 128-512 GB).

12-inch tablet has a resolution of 2160 x 1440 pixels - is the largest and most "multi-point" of all Surface. According to the manufacturer, the screen is the contrast of the presented now on the market, but due to an optimized ratio of 3: 2 on it is removed even more information than a 13 inch competitors. Weight tablet is 800 grams, which is more or less standard for this class of devices.

Historically Surface family stands out for its stand that could fix the device installed at different angles. Surface Pro 3 is fixed to any position up to 150 degrees, already suitable for drawing room. For creative needs is also a new stylus, with a single movement which your doodle can be stored on the cloud storage OneDrive. According to Microsoft, visualization system (display + sensor) Surface Pro 3 is the most accurate of the presented today; its error is less than 0, 7 mm.

Communication capabilities of the tablet: 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE and USB 3.0. The device is equipped with two cameras 5 megapixels each. List of sensors includes a light sensor, gyroscope and magnetometer. And that's what the device does not have is 4G and GPS, which is a bit strange after the Surface 2 4G.

Traditionally, Microsoft Surface Pro 3 is accompanied by his Microverse branded accessories. First of all, it is modified and enlarged keypad different colors. Well, for those wishing to really fully replace your desktop tablet proposed docking station with multiple connectors and connectivity 4K monitor via DisplayPort.

Now the cost - write out her version (all prices are for the US market in the absence of other):
  • Intel i3, 4GB of memory and 128GB of storage - $ 799;
  • Intel i5, 4GB of memory and 128GB of storage - $ 999;
  • Intel i5, 8 GB memory and 256 GB of storage - $ 1299;
  • Intel i7, 8 GB of memory and 256 GB of storage - $ 1549;
  • Intel i7, 8 GB of memory and 512 GB of storage - $ 1 949.
    Source: habrahabr.ru/company/intel/blog/223629/

Tags

See also

New and interesting