As I entered the distance education Masters Walden (United States)

Inspired by the posts on the Habre and Layfhakere decided to remotely obtain a master's degree in computer science. After long searches chose the University Walden, Minnesota, USA.

The final list of documents that in one form or another had to provide:

• Higher Education: a notarized translation of the diploma and transcription of paper sent by mail from the issuing institution.
  • Proof of knowledge of the English language: an essay about how I studied English and two letters from supervisors, confirming my English skills.
  • More than 3 years experience in the IT industry: a letter of recommendation from the work place and resume. Dear Roman Kvasnyj,
    Congratulations! On behalf of Walden University, I am pleased to offer you admission to the MS in Information Technology - Track 1 Software Engineering. This email will serve as your official letter for classes beginning May 5, 2014.

Along with the letter was given access to the portal, where you can, for example, to download a "student card":

You can also chat with other students on campus, visit the electronic library, schedule an appointment with a representative of one of the many student services, and of course go to the Academic Portal - courses, assignments, assessments, schedules - largely very similar to the Coursera . While there is only one course - "Walden University Student Readiness Orientation".

The total duration of 20 months of the program, consisting of 10 courses: 4 common and 6 specialty (more на Online ).

General courses:
    • Information Technology in the Organization
    • Computer Networking and Operating Systems
    • Data Modeling and Database Design
    • Principles of Programming < /Occupation:
      • Advanced Software Development
      • Principles of Software Engineering
      • Software Systems Engineering and Requirements Management
      • Software Design and Construction
      • Software Quality and Testing
      • Software Engineering Management and Processes
        Total cost, including textbooks, is $ 23, 750, possible monthly payment. Textbooks, paper, sent to the address provided Fedex.

The first course starts on May 5.

And a nice bonus from Microsoft:
        Congratulations!
        You have successfully confirmed your academic status. From today you can download the Microsoft development tools for free!

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/218209/

Tags

See also

New and interesting