Thailand



1. Love of freedom in the country.
The name "Thailand" began to be used in 1930. If we translate it with Thai it will sound like the "land of the Thais." Under the rule of the colonialists this country never was.

2. King Bhumibol Adulyadej.
More ascended to the throne in 1950. Examples of such a long reign in history is no more. Their monarch Thais love and respect. For the development of his country, he did much and continues to do.

3. Chronology.
Thais live the Buddhist calendar. Therefore, they have now in 2555.

4. The time-calculation.
We've learned that we have a 24-hour period. In Thailand day is divided into four parts, six hours each of the parts.

5. The capital of Thailand.
Samoё longest name in the world is composed of 32 words capital of Thailand "Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahintarayutthaya Mahadilok Phop Nopparat Ratchathani Buriram Udomratchanivet Mahasatan Amon aux Piments Avatan Sathit Sakkathattiyya Vitsanukam Prasit." This is not even able to pronounce every Thai.

6. Guinness World Records and Thailand.
In this country are also the world's largest restaurant, hotel and sacred Buddha statue which is all made of gold.

7. Kitti's hog-nosed bat.
This is the smallest mammal in the world, which got its name from the nose that looks like a pig nose. At length she was only 3 cm, and her weight about 2 grams.

8. Religion Buddhism.
95% of Thais - Buddhists. The remaining 5% is the religion such as Islam and Orthodoxy. Buddhist monks are respected in this country.

Tags

See also

New and interesting