Moscow before the fire of 1812

Fedor Alekseev - the first Russian master paintings of the urban landscape. In 1766- 73 years he studied at the Academy of Arts, after which he was sent for three years to Venice to paint theatrical scenery. In Venice Alekseev studied the technique of the famous Italian. Then, while the young artist was engaged in copying landscapes Canal, Bellotto and Bern from the Hermitage collection. I must say, copies Alexeyeva had incredible success. They brought the artist fame "Russian Canaletto».
Among his works of the 1790s. especially known for "View of the Peter and Paul Fortress and Palace Embankment" and "View of the Palace Embankment from the Peter and Paul Fortress." For these pictures Alekseev received in 1794 the title of academician of perspective painting. The following year, the artist sent to the New Russia and the Crimea to write types of places which in 1787 was visited by Catherine II. So there are landscapes of the southern cities - Nikolaev, Kherson, Bakhchisarai.
And in 1800, Emperor Paul I give the job to write Alekseev views of Moscow. The artist became interested in very old Russian architecture.
01. Moskvoretskaya Street and St. Basil's Cathedral.

02. Red Square.

03. Resurrection bridge and Iberian Gate.

04. View of the Kremlin from the future Alexander Garden.

05. View of the Kremlin from the Orphanage.

06. Lubyanka. Left Grebnevskoy Church of Our Lady. In the distance one can see the gate of the Kitai-Gorod wall Vladimirskie.

07. Church of St. Nicholas the Great Cross on Ilyinke.

08. Arc de Triomphe at the Holy Square.

09. Kolomenskoye.

10. Tsarina.

11. Military Hospital in Lefortovo.

Alekseev spent more than a year in Moscow and brought back a number of paintings and many watercolors with views of Moscow streets, monasteries, suburbs, but mainly - a variety of images of the Kremlin:
12. At the Ivanovo area.

13. Boyar playground

14. Illumination on Cobornoy Square in honor of the coronation of Alexander I.

15. Cathedral Square. Annunciation Cathedral and Palace of Facets.

16. Senate Square.

17. Cathedral of the Transfiguration on the Bor.

18. John the Baptist church, the tower and the Stables Borovitskaya order.

19. Trinity-Sergius Lavra:

21. New Jerusalem Monastery:

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting