Convent of the Virgin

Comrades, just want to note that I have never photojournalist, according to this story in the superzahvatyvayuschy pretednuyu not, however, decided to share with you something. The essence of the following ...

Have you travel not only in space but also in time? Today I am still lucky enough to visit in the tenth of July kidding. I'll tell you how it was.

About forty kilometers south-east of the glorious city of Athens, almost at the seashore, on a hillside in the raging green perched once a nunnery Εισοδίων Θεοτόκου (Presentation in the Temple of the Virgin)

Turn the pointer, telling that I on the right track.

A few hundred meters along a winding dirt road leading to the mountain, and finally I arrived.

Prior to entering the territory of the monastery complex is not met steps leading to the Temple of St. Modestus of Jerusalem. However, there I did not hit, hurried to the monastery, as time was about 20.00, so in addition to the photo plate-pointer and the steps themselves nothing.

And here, in fact, the purpose of my trip. More because of the gates of the monastery church dome is seen literally surrounded by green trees.

Here ends the worldly cares and bustle begins meekness, humility, and peace of mind. In addition, changes and time. Under the Charter of the monastery of nuns live in the old calendar, ie on July 23 have so far 10th. Time also varies with the mundane. At 8 pm in the convent was only 10 am Come disassemble them. But gone fears that we may not admit because of the late visit.

Despite the fact that the green circle and so abundant, visible Landscaping elements in the form of pots and bowls unpretentious with a variety of exotic plants and not very.

At the inner gate leading to the square in front of the Temple of marble plaque. Unfortunately, over the 8 years I have been able to learn modern Greek only, so could understand the meaning of written only in general terms. Something about the Patriarch of Athens and All Greece Matthew, the blessing which, in fact, and this monastery was laid.

Then we get to the area of ​​the Temple and the buildings (I think it somehow differently named) with monks' chambers.

... From humble sisters whose windows overlook our worldly

The temple itself. Sorry, nuns forbidden to photograph inside. Inside mirotochaschaya Skoroposlushnitsa icon of the Virgin and incredibly ancient icon of Our Lady of Kazan.

Already at the exit we were met by a nun, Sister Ελπίδα (Hope), is such a good, kind old lady regaled coffee, homemade Delight and a faint tincture, in my cherry. Granny also wanted to take a picture, but the Charter, and it is forbidden, you can shoot everything but the sisters and the interior of the Temple.

The monastery has a church shop.

... Almost everything is sold there, done hands nuns. Prices symbolic.

Do not resist, bought rosaries

Back to worldly affairs.

Posted in [mergetime] 1216856931 [/ mergetime]
PS: If turn over time, these next weekend or going to get to Mount Athos. If everything happens, and if someone is interested, I hope photoset get richer.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting