So we carried out last year and met the 2010th. Under rare Christmas "thirteenth moon" people looked at the fireworks, happy, we make decisions about the changes that await them in the coming year, and at midnight chimes counted 12 strokes. According to the Chinese calendar, the 2010th year of the tiger - a year of courage and bravery. In this post, collected from around the world pictures of people celebrating the New Year.
38 ph via bigpicture
1. Fireworks near the London Eye and the Houses of Parliament on the Thames during New Year celebrations in London on January 1, 2010
2. People with painted faces celebrating the New Year in the Indian city of Bhopal January 1, 2010
3. The workers poured water on the people during New Year celebrations in Montevideo, Uruguay, on December 31, 2009. On the last working day of the year is traditionally the workers poured water on people and throw away the old calendar.
4. The young actor in the role of St. Sylvester acts Urnaesh village near Appenzell December 31, 2009. Three different groups of actors - beautiful (Schoene), ugly (Wueschte) and less ugly (Schoe-Wueschte) - wearing costumes made of branches, cones and dried leaves and went from house to house singing and wishes a prosperous year.
5. People are prepared to shoot carbide, which has become traditional for the last day of the year, to ward off evil spirits in Zevenhuntsene, Netherlands December 31, 2009.
6. Residents of Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China, released into the sky lantern with the wishes of December 31, 2009.
7. Salute in honor of the New Year on the theme "Awaken the spirit of" blow over Sydney Harbour from six barges three hours before midnight on December 31, 2009. About 1, 5 million inhabitants and tourists arrived in Sydney Harbour to watch the 120,000 lights and firecrackers, used during the New Year.
8. Fireworks near the twin towers' Patronas "during New Year celebrations in Kuala Lumpur in January 1, 2010.
9. Fireworks illuminates the sky in the heart of Beirut during the celebration of the New Year January 1, 2010.
10. Pakistani youth celebrates New Year in Lahore, spraying artificial snow December 31, 2009.
11. Young people celebrating the New Year with fireworks and firecrackers in the Kibera slum in Nairobi, Kenya, January 1, 2010
12. A couple kisses in the New Year's Eve in the center of Brussels on 31 December 2009. This year the theme of the celebration was the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
13. Spectators gathered on Westminster Bridge before the start of the New Year's fireworks December 21, 2009 in England.
14. The girls clink glasses during a salute on the street in the district Krytsberg during New Year celebrations
15. People look at the New Year's fireworks over the St. Mark's Square in Venice on Friday morning, January 1, 2010.
16. Fireworks over the Quadriga on the Brandenburg Gate during the celebration of the New Year January 1, 2010 in Berlin. Thousands of people came to the Brandenburg Gate to celebrate the New Year.
17. The celebration of the New Year on Red Square in Moscow against the backdrop of the Kremlin and St. Basil's Cathedral 1 January 2010. Tens of thousands of people gathered on Red Square to celebrate the New Year and see the fireworks when the Kremlin Clock strikes midnight.
18. People in traditional costumes of the participants runs with the bulls celebrated the New Year in Koine, near the southern Spanish city of Malaga morning of January 1, 2010.
19. 400 spotlights illuminate the Eiffel Tower New Year's Eve in Paris December 31, 2009.
20. Fireworks over monument Greetings in Jakarta, Indonesia, January 1, 2010.
21. About two million people watched the fireworks from Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro during the celebrations of the New Year January 1, 2010.
22. Fireworks over a statue of President George Washington in the Public Garden in Boston, Massachusetts December 31, 2009.
23. A couple kiss during the New Year celebration in Times Square in New York on 1 January 2010.
24. Presentation "Sushi" by Gary Marion parodistki hanging over the audience in a huge shoe on Bourbon Street Pub Dec. 31, 2009 in Key West, Florida. «Red Shoe Drop» - this is a tradition of the New Year in Key West in response to the famous show at the Times Square in New York
25. Salute the tower Space Needle Seattle Center lights in honor of the New Year
26. fireworks in the sky. Photographed from Waikiki Beach in Honolulu, Hawaii, January 1, 2010 shortly after the clock struck twelve, signaling the arrival of the new year.
27. Fireworks illuminate the sky at the Mayon volcano during New Year celebrations in Legazpi, Albay province south of Manila on Jan. 1, 2010. Mayon Volcano, known for its near-perfect cone shape in the Bicol Region for more than two weeks, spewing ash, mud and rocks.
28. A monk stands in front of the fire, which burn old furniture and items used in temples. The picture was taken during the celebration of the New Year at a Buddhist temple of Zojo-ji in Tokyo
29. In this photo with a long exposure can be seen the inscription 2010 made using sparklers New Year's Eve in Manila on December 31, 2009.
30. Work scavenges after celebrating the New Year in Times Square in New York on the morning of 1 January 2010.
31. People enjoy the sunrise over Mount Fuji, which is called the "Diamond Fuji", from the top of the mountain in the town of Fudzikavaguchiko Ryugatake in the south-west of Tokyo, January 1, 2010. Mount Fuji (3776 meters) is considered sacred and a symbol of good luck, especially in the New Year.
32. The charity swim 'Saundersfut "in honor of the New Year runs through the icy water of January 1, 2010 in Saundersfute near Tenby, Wales. Hundreds of brave men dove into the icy sea to celebrate the New Year and raise money for charities
33. The rescue diver watches as a man jumping from the bridge into the river Dove during the traditional charity event in honor of the New Year in Meppltone, England, January 1, 2010. Teams swim 800 meters along the river, and then jump from the bridge into the icy waters of the river Dove. Then participants run 457 meters to the nearest pub.
34. The owner of the zoo Malabun and children blow into a tube at the glass enclosure with Bengal tigers during the celebration of New Year Tiger in Manila December 31, 2009.
35. People were running in the water during the traditional New Year swim in the North Sea in The Hague on 1 January 2010. This year, about 8,000 people took part in the race - one of 63 taking place in the Netherlands.
36. The members of the association "Berlin walruses» ("Berliner Seehunde") take part in the traditional New Year's bathing water at a temperature of 1 degree in the lake Orankezee January 1, 2010 in Berlin. It is believed that the winter swimming, among other pleasures, helps to lose weight quickly.
37. Japanese women praying in a temple in Tokyo Meiji January 1st 2010
38. A woman enters the View 1 January 2010 in Basil, Finland. On this day, the temperature fell to -14 degrees Celsius.