Shanghai, the bird market and fighting cockroaches

In Shanghai, Sergey Dolya visited the local "bird market". It sells ducks, rabbits, mice, birds, fish, frogs, turtles and many more whom. I was most surprised by the insects. I had never seen them in such numbers. It is interesting to observe the process of selecting a cockroach for future fights. And yet there is a lot of "singing" of insects ...
27 ph
WARNING: before eating, do not watch! Inside a lot of insects, worms and other prey ...

The market itself is small, narrow passages, the smell of a particular, noise from the trills of birds and crickets:

Songbirds. As the guide explained to me, "they are buying for the music in the house»:

Speaking in Chinese parrot. It can clearly say "Nihal!" Which means "hello!»

Future "Beijing duck", and is just ducklings:

Mice and leverets:

Fish Department:

Fodder for birds. He is alive and moving:

Silkworm. They say it is delicious:

Singing insects:

The lid of the jar there are some holes that singing could be heard better. You know, sometimes I come on holiday to the south, opening a window, listening to the night, "the song of cicadas." Here is the same concert program:

But this "trifle" buy for the "wonderful choral singing»:

Grasshoppers?

Insects are kept in glass boxes with a hole in the floor through which their back and tuck:

That they did not fall into a swoon hungry, feed them cabbage, pushing it instead of corks:

Selecting the "fighters" in the market is very large. Almost every fourth table laden with boxes with insects:

Buyers initially scrutinized the candidates through the glass:

Future Champion being removed from the box, put in a round jar, poke a straw in it and observe the reaction:

It is a pity that the very battles I could not see ...

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting