Carving a pumpkin - Halloween gotivimsya

Halloween is approaching and it's time to think about your carved pumpkin Jack O'Lantern. American Ray Villafañe raised carved pumpkin to another level entirely. In developing the model for DC and Marvel Comics, Ray carves intricate and terrible face of the pumpkin. His carved pumpkins look like Gothic gargoyles, made in the spirit of the previous holiday. "The most sophisticated model was Zipperhead (« head in the lightning "), which took most of the day. On all other models, I spent several hours "- he said.

6 ph via dailymail.co.uk

Ray lives in the rural town of Bellaire Michigan.

His pumpkin became a real Internet sensation, and cause the appearance of prime time in the US online.

To create his masterpieces he uses pumpkin carving tools on clay. "Not everyone is the same pumpkin for carving" - says the sculptor. - "The most important thing in a pumpkin - is its weight. We need to take a pumpkin heavier. Sometimes I take a pumpkin beautiful or original form, but while working understand that they are not severe enough. The thing is that the walls are thick enough so the pumpkin for carving is not very convenient. I also like pumpkin with certain features. Cones on a pumpkin I used as noses for one of my models. "

"Sculpture has always been my passion," - he says. "I was an art teacher in the school of Michigan and one day I was approached by a man who asked me to do some carved pumpkins. I thought, why not, it is also a kind piece of clay. It turned out very unusual, but most importantly, that more children in school very much. Even before I show up at the school students were sitting and waiting for me in my class "

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting