Salt Lake City (Utah). Photo Report

In the recent 2009 he traveled to the United States, and more precisely in the city of Salt-Lake-City (State of Utah).

I decided to post photos from potentially interesting facts about the city, the citizens and the Americas as a whole).

P.S. If the report will be successful, then we can expect further similar post on the Las Vegas =)

Let's start with a brief description of the city!
Total pictures will be 32 pieces.

1. Salt Lake City - Salt Lake City from. The capital of the State of Utah. The staff in general and administrative center of the known, first and foremost, of course, as the religious center of the Mormons - Latter-day Saints (IMHO, is nonsense, but people are still religious, and by the state's much safer and calmer many US).

2. The people here are very kind, ready to help at any time (not just words - it's real test many tens of times). As an example, imagine a situation in our country: you go for an unknown city tired, sweaty, hung with bags and looked around, periodeski looking at the map of the city.

Now the question is - passing car stopped, the driver will come out, come to you and ask you what it can do for you?)) Given that this person goes in peace to work or from work to home to his beloved family? So - in the states stop =) In fact, it does not just ask about, sit in the car and leave, and climb into your favorite iPhone, or include navigation map (there they are). And if you can not find what you are looking for, call a friend and ask that quickly Googling!

Not everywhere, of course, you can count on this, but in the states, I would be the first time a while all I saw.

3. Photos - Downtown (so-called Downtown). Although not quite correct to speak of it as the center of the city, because there is created the following situation: the very Salt Lake - the city only 180 thousand. Man. But around him there tueva bunch of other mini-camps, which are essentially analogous to our communities, but officially it is the other city. However, in general they Salt Lake make up a population of over 1.3 million people and a much larger area compared to our cities (himself from Ufa and compare first of all, of course, with this city. Especially on the population of these cities once again fit comparison).
But Salt Lake has a much larger area due to its "one-storey" - then downtown is practically no buildings higher than 2-3 floors. Therefore, the city is very flattened.

Incidentally, the photo - in the lower right corner you can see how broad daylight you can sprinkle lawns polivalki))

4. In this photo can be seen on the right side of the tram with a very euphonious name to the Russian ear - UTA TRAX ... well, so we called - BANG))
By the way, in Salt Lake no station (subway un-American). There are only a network of ground-based rail - these same trams

5. Salt Lake is geographically located in a very cozy place - between the mountains. We can say from three sides of the world are its magnificent mountains, the fourth - the famous lake

6. A little mountain views. To get to them from anywhere in the city is not difficult for the American quality roads - no more than half an hour.

7. indescribable beauty - live in the capital city, that is, business center with the presence of all firms, companies, offices, shops, and at the same time anywhere in the city to be able to enjoy these views!

8. Snow-capped mountains completely melt until July despite a decent heat in Salt Lake

9. Famous highways with a bunch of trips - they run through the city at a side of the city, giving the opportunity to move out of any part of the city.
Machines are very few in the pictures, but did not believe it - so almost always. Not seen in this city of traffic jams never. Although believe me, a lot of cars madly. For material prosperity Americans have a very decent and in addition to the parents, the family almost every student can have your car.
The reasons for the lack of congestion is simple - the right plan for the city. Wide roads built with a margin for many decades forward + highways with interchanges

10. Well, so I slowly crept to the topic of cars. American cars - is, of course, another story =)
So the car in the States are generally very much ... And they're incredibly cheap! (I mean Bushnov cars. The new prices are also decent)

11. The American auto industry is great - there are a bunch of world renowned car brands such as: Ford, Dodge, Lincoln, gmc, Chevy, Plymouth, etc. etc.

12. Many suschesvuet rarities, but regularly commute ... scares her voluminous diesel engines

13. The well-known fact - Americans, as human beings, and having secured a fairly decent area (did not elaborate, but it is perhaps even more suitable to the housing area than Russia), like the huge cars with powerful engines bulky

14. Here, for example, a very common pattern - the famous American pick-ups (such as frames Dodge, Chevrolet Silverado, Ford series F, various GMC and so on).
The photo captures one specifically left it for size comparison

15. There are many fans poizvraschatsya on other cars =)

16. Here's a Plymouth Leiser (I think he has some mitsubishevsky equivalent) cost us 450 dollars. Yes, we fully bought for the money. Plus registration, insurance stand in a hundred and fifty bucks on top.
Machine unpretentious, nothing special. Who would choose something to ask

17. As to the question of transport and some unpleasant facts about Americans. In the photo normal urban bus route. On the side walls can be seen running along the entire length of the bus some wires - these "dёrgalki" represent a request to stop at the next stop =) at the beginning we thought it was very funny ... some Stone Age - "dёrni the rope, pancake")) but over time, it has been drawn - it is really convenient. Anyway, our "modern buttons" in the Russian bus (agree, probably not always the case) is not working.

18. So, unpleasant Americans. I'm not a racist in any case, but that's really what I could see - just black, so-called African-Americans in the United States can sit with your feet up on the tram, metro or bus to vperedistoyaschego seat. It was my savagery, even looking back at our Russian cattle. At the same time, they all constantly yelling, gesticulating rapidly and generally the impression that they are trying to show everyone that they have just got off the trees.
But in general, all Americans differ too much, in my opinion, loudly.

19. Once some of the personal observations of the Americans. This insanely open people - they talk to each other is absolutely everywhere and about everything. At first I thought it was all for show, like "hello, how are you doing." But nifiga. They are really interested in your life, your opinion, and what you are going to eat for dinner tonight ... and even this conversation is conducted in a public toilet =)
It seems to be funny, but sometimes very boring. You sit his headphones in the tram - you go home from work tired, kind of watching out the window, and suddenly someone starts poking you with a request to remove the headphones. According to Russian hardening somehow immediately start thinking about what you now begin to dig. So it happens! Only they are just for the sake of "chat" do)) asks who you are, where you came from, ask about your country, your city, they say you're awesome talking in English, praise. Give the phone number, they said to call if anything.
Perhaps it is not a bad quality, it's just a wildly unusual for our closed mentality

20. Speaking of work. I worked at the international airport. Salt Lake from the point of view of air travel is considered to be very close and the airport is very big.

21. There are two terminals. The second terminal - international and it has a 5 Concourse (branches, each of which is about 15 gates - corridors for aircraft).

22. serve, basically, the airline Delta - one of the largest American and perhaps the world's airlines

23. My position called PSA (Personal Special Assistance). In short, the job was to meet people with disabilities (or obese people who have difficulty walking) at one Gate with a plane and take him to a wheelchair for his next Flyte or on the way out of the airport. Job cool, tips flowing river, if the language is suspended, but sometimes it is very hard it is to fly for 10 minutes from one end of the airport to another, as Planting has finishes - such rush with a decent cargo could be about half a kilometer grain you.

24. Of course, I had heard that Americans are fat, but I did not expect this ... they are very thick! While obese very much. It is a familiar sight around the city - see the next American obese in a special wheelchair samokatayuscheysya carriage (with a motor and a joystick-controlled). He was struck by the number of sick people in general - a lot of Americans have disorders of the nervous system, skin diseases, etc.

25. Well, enough about sad things. Being a native of solar Bashkortostan, was pleasantly surprised by the principal symbol of Utah - honey =)

26. Indeed, a nature allows! For example, at the foot of the mountains can be found everywhere peach trees. It should be noted the excellent taste of peaches

27. The nature of the US is very grandiose - is not worse than ours, though! But here it should be noted that almost everywhere it is ennobled and everywhere there are roads. On the one hand, it is convenient, but on the other hand, even the fire never breed - wishers, even just passing by, be sure to call the police =)
The photo can be seen specially made public barbecues! It is quite far outside the city on the banks of a mountain stream. And these pleasant things you can find a lot of

28. Americans are scrupulous to observe the laws and cleanliness, but they can be found here are spoiling the view of piles of iron unemployed (however, I think there is a long time not stagnate)

29. Here again abundantly watered turf system. Mark like the fact that water is poured and the transformer box, standing on a footpath.

30. Living in America. Generally, the most common housing options - immigration to the apartment or house (rent or purchase - does not matter). Well-known home-family houses - is, of course, very cool, but not everyone can afford =)
Personally, I rented the apartment. It is worth to note that the apartments are always empty when entering them. There's absolutely no furniture. By default, the apartment includes a kitchen with only loaded unpretentious stove, unpretentious holodilnichkom, bathroom with a toilet and air conditioning. Ah, yes ... even the carpet =)
In the pictures already rendered habitable little cottage. By the way, the door to this apartment incredibly flimsy, but many live for years without any problems

31. In general, the apartments are a sort of residential complexes, ie, each set has a name and a fenced area. On the territory there is a 10-20-storey buildings on several apartments in each. On the territory there are sure to swimming pools and gyms.

32. Well, admittedly, live in such places, of course, low-income Americans - mostly Mexicans and other visitors, ordinary laborers. There are such (5-seater, for example) apartments around $ 1,000 per month. Family is quite acceptable, you can shoot so many years is not saved to your house (the houses are different from 100 thousand. Dollars, and perhaps indefinitely).

That's all, thank you!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting