Climbing to the top of Point Lenana

Blogger dmitry-yurlagin shows pictures dizzying ascent to the summit of Mount
50 photo cards

1. Stand on its top. In such a coveted top, to which went for 2 weeks, adjusting to her plans. And so many months, we have thought about it at home as an Internet break, how long weighed the pros and cons ... And yet we fucking did! We did it! This happiness

2. Paul the second morning ring nenavisny Service, but the idea not to go up, of course, is not permitted. Do all sorts of things with a mechanical brain disconnected, he in a deep sleep. Oksanka not moving, but annoyed at it today is simply too small Decided that the handle will not lead, if she did not get up. I think she felt the a few minutes zasobiralas, and I am very happy. For all the good tent. Clarity as good as it is here at all. Lunar illumination eats all colors

3. Everything is going according to plan, we drink tea and brew his path again. By 2 o'clock we had to climb 30 meters to the cabin where Kim sleeps. We are trying to wake him up with the help of the waking staff. 15 minutes he spent on it to recover. We are starting to rise. Despite the fact that the hills are steep enough, there is very easy. No discomfort, and the cold air pleasing freshness. No, the discomfort is still there. These wacky gloves Swix! How well does the clothing company for tourists and athletes, these gloves are so dumb. And today, I'm still part of the ropes from the bloodstream peredavlivayu trekingovyh sticks. As a result, you go all flushed, swooping and icy hands. Idiocy.

4. Some time ago, the vegetation is over, not gradually, but simply queue giant groundsel. Then only kurumnik, water and the remains of old glaciers. Alas, they leave not only with Kilimanjaro

5. Crop, of course, specifically in such circumstances, as well as focus. In fact, the frame can be only on the fact of creation estimate, because the viewfinder is too dark. Focusing on either the star or the moon, and then installed a manual focus

6. Lakes at night look like a bottomless black hole

7. Kim constantly whines that we came early. Now it is clear that he likes the least - it begins to freeze. Still would! The torn krosovochkah, without gloves and hilinkih pants. In fact, he goes upstairs in the same, what has come from the bottom, just dressed up jacket. In this frame sits in the middle of the exposure the first battery, and why it reset the date and time. As a result, all the pictures mixed up, damn it. When shown the photo of Kim, he cheered up and, in general, he perked up

10. As the recovery becomes cold and windy. Several times, we stop at the request of Kim in shelters from the wind. Type is already close to the top, and then hang around for a long time too cold. Iron fotik zamorazhaet hand pain.

11. The last break in the twilight. Oksanka not yet aware of it, looking directly at our next camp with many lakes. Later in this series have a morning photo close. A little mid Levey will lie our way towards Chogori

12. We sat there for 10-15 minutes, paddled with his familiar Australian vechnodovolnym shining guide It was an alarming sign because usually when they come Turik, this place has nothing to do. To put forward further. Kim is already starting to get nervous about the frozen feet. I show him how to swing them to warm up. He is trying to do and it's not pulling hands from his pockets That same poor guy here hakuna matata ceases to roll. Before the summit he had reached with his hands in his pockets

13. At the top, it is clear that about any crystal-clear atmosphere of speech does not go. The gray layer of clouds created the biggest soft box that I have seen in my life. Any studio photographer would envy!

14. Normally, the pictures mountain peaks salivate direct morning sun at a sharp angle. Here the mountain turned into a giant natural light diffuser, also backlit by the moon. It was such an unusual watch. Alpinyugi would probably say, well, yes nicho special, but our eyes hungrily devoured these kinds

15. A few minutes later God knows where there was a whole group of tourists. Probably on the Naro Moru rose or Chogori because in our camp there were only 2 girls who are already with us on top

16. In the diffuse, but bright light look around. Over there, at the bottom of Austrian Hut, which was later wondering lick orange sun

17. Our favorite Valley Mackinder Valley in the middle of the frame. If you look closely, you can see the green roofs Shimpton's Hut at the bottom right; hrebetik and middle left, we went yesterday (even a path between them). Behind the right main ridge of the valley you can see the next, it's just the Liki North, which also came. The actual size can be seen even a weather station and Old Moses. The world at a glance I can not believe that just this little Dolinka and we pass half a day and were tired as dogs

18. Mount a starovulkan, which has long been covered with snow cap. This caused severe erosion observed in the frame

20. Most likely, Naro Moru is here somewhere. I would be happy as a confirmation of speculation and refuting

22. If I am not mistaken, Austrian Hut (4790m) is the highest on the mountain

23. As an exception, a foreign kolichesive photo of snow in this area 10 years ago:

24. The sun rises, Kim almost dragged me by the scruff look at the sun. After all, just skip it!

26. And here is a more conventional lighting, classical This, incidentally, Batian (5199 m) - the highest point in Kenya, it has not just walk up

31. Turik suddenly appeared and removed after the ceremony fotanya with a flag. For all the action for about 15 minutes, probably. We are not against

32. Processor fotika goes crazy with these colors. In automatic white balance, the result is often unpredictable

34. After them, we send Kim, he was, poor thing, does not know to do with himself from the cold

37. And here is our version of "I have the flag»

38. Before launching Kim told us that Next overnight on the way to be between the two big lakes in the left side of the frame. A total of four we'll see. This is some of the most scenic routes Chogoria. Below is shown a little bit the second largest lake on Mount Michaelson. I do not know what the size of the first, but it's just a huge lake! Take the time to go back to the night photo №11 and look for a place;

42. As the sun rose high enough, the landscape has become a not so expressive, and we began to freeze, so we decided to go down. Here you can see the path of sypuhe. She had already melted and started to go under the feet

43. Please turn somewhere not there and went to all sorts of dangerous things, in time have thought again and found a trail

44. The road back seemed just endless! From the lake (check it out how to change the view in daylight) I stopped to wait Oksanka and almost ran down

45. It has long seen the hut and it seems that to her doorstep, but, in spite of the rapid descent, she was not coming. Such is the psychological crap. The feeling that someone picks up the whole slope and as a result I was marking time

46. ​​Somewhere in here I either rubbed, or passing the big toe and slightly stopped his chustvovat. prolonged steep descent is not familiar in everyday life, I say Cho. It took 2 months: half of the thumb is not feeling quite so far, but it looks like normal

47. By the way, about the Mackinder valley. A hundred times already written the name, but nothing about the man. And he, in fact, the first to the top and climbed with his his expedition in 1899.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting