How does the icebreaker "50 Years of Victory"

As a continuation of the theme of the parking lot at the North Pole.

In essence, the nuclear-powered icebreaker - a ship. Nuclear reactor heats water that turns into steam that spins turbines that drive generators that produce electricity, which enters the electric motors that twist 3 propellers.

The thickness of the shell in the ground breaking of the ice 5 centimeters, but the strength of the body not only gives the skin thickness as the number and location of the frames. Do icebreaker double bottom, so that in case of breaching the water in the ship do not.

At the atomic icebreaker "50 Years of Victory" with 2 nuclear reactor with a capacity of 170 megawatts each. The capacity of the two plants is enough to supply electricity to a city of 2 million people.

Nuclear reactors are protected from accidents and external shocks. Icebreaker can withstand a direct hit by a passenger plane into the reactor, or a collision with an icebreaker at the same speed of 10 km / h.

The reactors are run by new fuel every 5 years!

We had a short tour of the engine room of the icebreaker, which photos under the cut. Plus, I'll show you where we ate, what to eat, how to relax, and the rest of the interior of the ice-breaker ...
25 pictures
via livejournal

Tour starts at the office of the chief engineer. He spoke briefly about the structure of the icebreaker and about where we go during the tour. Since the group were mostly foreigners, everything is translated first into English and then in Japanese:

2 turbines, each of which rotates at the same time 3 generator produces alternating current. In the background, yellow boxes - this straightener. Since the propulsion motors powered by direct current, it is necessary to straighten:

Electric motors, rotating propellers. This place is very noisy and it is 9 meters below the waterline. The total sediment icebreaker - 11 meters:

This upper part of the steering wheel. He himself is in the water. Icebreaker is much more maneuverable conventional ships:

Desalination plants:

On the day they produce 120 tons of fresh water:

Auxiliary boilers:

The ship provided a lot of degrees of protection from emergency situations. One of them - a carbon dioxide fire-fighting:

Purely in Russian - from the laying dripping oil. Rather than replace the gasket, just hang jar. I do not believe it, but I have at home as well. Where a year ago flowed towel warmer, so I had still not replaced, but just once a week pour a bucket of water:

Wheelhouse:

Icebreakers operated 3 people. Watch lasts 4 hours, that is, each change bears watch, for example, from 4 days to 8 pm and from 4 am to 8 am, following from 8 pm to midnight, and from 8 am to noon, etc. Total 3 shifts.

The watch consists of steering the sailor, who immediately turns the steering wheel, elder watch, which gives the team a sailor which turn the steering wheel and is responsible for the ship and the watch officer, who delet entry in the logbook, said the ship's position on the map and helps Senior Watch.

Senior Watch usually stood in the left wing of the bridge, which was established all the necessary navigation equipment. Three large lever in the middle - it handles machine telegraphs that govern speed propellers. Each has a 41 position - 20 forward and 20 feet back:

Steering sailor. Pay attention to the size of the wheel:

Radio Room. From here I send pictures:

On icebreaker huge number of traps, including a number of representative:

Corridors and doors in the cabins.

Mailbox. I wanted to send yourself a postcard from the North Pole, but he forgot:

Swimming pool and sauna:

Facilities:

Before entering the restaurant hung a special ball with an alcohol solution:

Planting was free and many moved from one table to another, but we - the six Russian-speaking passengers - book yourself a table in the coals, and always with an eating:

We were fed a high kitchen. All the chefs were brought from Argentina. Dishes from Europe:

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting