The mustachioed horse Alfie

15-year-old stallion from Alfie Glostenshira magnificent golden mustache has a length of 7 inches (18 centimeters). Apparently he's the mustached horse on all the British Isles. And maybe in the whole world.

Hair on his face according to the owners start to grow strongly in the last five years. Alfie really do not like when touched his mustache with your hands or when they want to cut or comb. Some breeds grow a mustache, but the owners do not allow them to come to a kind of running, like Alfie, who does not admit to himself with scissors in one hand.

Caretaker horse 20-year-old Hayley Kokstit claims that Alfie is incredibly stubborn animal and truly proud of their mustaches. He has character.

-When I first saw it, it was quite strange to see his mustache. But he did not allow them to do so. You must be a mad daredevil, if you want to approach him and touch his mustache. And at the same time he is very vulnerable and easily intimidated, but it works fine as a horse for horse riding. I heard about the horses with a mustache, but I think my Alfie has the longest whiskers who could grow a horse.

Horses have the hairs on the upper lip, so using them to determine the status of food products, their freshness and consistency, but really thick mustache grow only in Friesian horses.

end)

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting