Home Dragon.

2 years ago fulfilled my childhood dream - to get home dinosaur =)
However, realizing she was not quite literally, but in a reduced form many times.
Let me introduce Mushu - green iguana.

Before buying, I thoroughly prepared: bought Terry on Peter phoned pet stores about the availability of fry iguanas and prices. Had to go to the other end of the city, Malek has managed in 5000. The store said it was a boy and he was about six months (only then I read on the forum that is clearly not fry six months, and the floor is generally possible to determine at least after a year, but what about the sellers I have never myself not deceived ). Later, I realized that I was very fortunate to acquire a healthy baby when I then visited other pet shops ... Treatment of patients with kids is quite expensive and not the fact that they do survive.
At the time of buying little I knew about them, although somewhat larger than a man, who has never faced them.
No, they do not eat cockroaches as some believe! =) And in the free range of flat to let, too.
Generally, prejudices about the reptile enough, half of them have no basis in reality, and half of the other half of the truth is exaggerated.
Living iguanki to 15 years old, grow up to 1.5 meters.
My little more than a meter in length in their ~ 3 years.
Photo spread for the last 2 years.

It will be 62 pictures, please do not break until the finish.

That's what we have. At first, we were afraid of him and he is us. In the village of my grandfather a couple of times I caught lizards, but they were the size of a finger and do not bite) 3 days Mushu refused to eat and any movement in the room spoke stampede at a snag. I wildly afraid that he himself rasshibёt something, but nothing happened.
After a couple of weeks, I took it for the first time in his hands, when he made a daring escape from the cage ... ohh! this feeling I will not forget) I do not know how to describe it, if crudely, if the bag came alive in your hands

Once happened unpleasant incident: when I was in the study, the offender escaped from a small terra simply slipped through the open lid, because the lizards - they are! I started to panic, he seemed gentle, I'm afraid of him something to break, at that time it was with a tail length of about 50 cm, the body takes a 1/3 of the total length. Prior to that, his parents tried to catch, but he ran away from them smartly on the floor, they they were lightweight Afig) Meanwhile, small climbed onto the ledge Interior. How to get him out of there, do not crush it, I had no idea. I had to remove all the curtains, but he sat tightly between the ceiling and cornice, and at the approach of the enemy in the face of me furiously lashed its tail, as befits a decent iguana, well at least not guessed biting.
Wearing gloves and throwing him on the face towel was able to mislead and to remove, but at that moment, he realized that he still captured and apparently a second eat, he made a last push and fell out the window, but I was faster and She shoved him with a towel back to Terre.
An hour later he had a swollen foot ... break when dropped, apparently. In the pictures visible swelling.

A month later, it is more or less adapted and only occasionally glanced at me warily when I brought him a bowl of delicious salad.
By the way, then I explained the mistake in part why he reacted so badly to my pretensions on its territory - from iguanas associated with a bird on top of the shade, so the door terrariums must be located on a side wall rather than the top.

But this "third eye».
Truly, he does not see, but reacts to light and shadow, thus protecting reptile predators that can attack from above.

That's the day I found him: Pose flounder and bloated "fufyrka" on the neck I diiiiiiiiiko frightened and remove, so as not to injure the animal.
Moreover, the adult animal in this condition could scare even an adult, exactly, enter it into a state of shock lung, for "fufyrka" adult male has a rather impressive size.

And this is one of the first to walk across the room near the computer. Mushik scattered all disks, all dust gathered belly and tried to nestle into the cord from the mouse, and monitor.

This piece of advice for anyone who does not know how to behave with animals
Pope Mushik I never opened! And it is very hard before knocking!)

For the first time in the box.
The first half hour he looked almost not moving, and the window rustled birch. I think that in his dreams he knocked the glass and jumped down into the grass and began to devour it furiously. Ah, the dream!

I looked with one eye, now it's time a second)

One attempt to escape.
Then Terry was made of a conventional tank, and it gave a lot of problems like this. And the consequences - burn in the belly, which is a couple of weeks, we were treated with ointment.

Actually, the burn, at first looked scary. Apparently, iguanas iguanych about a minute spent on the bulb, since iguanas pain is felt not immediately.

Moving to a new cage about a meter tall.
Attempts to escape stopped, began to eat better, and for 3 months has grown considerably.

The first molt.
Lin then grows, as one people. During necessary yoke hard to bathe, to get off the old skin better, as not all Terry adequate level of humidity and maintain it problematic.

Compared with my hand =)

Portrait

Sometimes Mushik different appetite, especially in the summer, as a rule. He rakes forepaws all the food in search of something more tasty. Delicious whole usually provided arugula =) despite my efforts in stirring his dishes, he still chose her first.

Walk on the bookshelf are accompanied by pogroms. As a result of the dolls of my old was on the floor, he tried on a couple of edible, but ... understood what was happening, he used them as a ladder on the shelf higher)

Sometimes it is interested in literature ... to hide it =)

Once there was a thunderstorm, and my dog ​​Eddie, despite his already advanced age (10 years) still spreads panic and chaos at her approach. The first clap of thunder chased the dog under the parental bed ... somewhere in the third, because the rest is simply not climbed, but he tried to ... I tried to reassure him, but he hid the face in my hands, whining and presses as much as possible in my legs. I am thinking that doing the right thing, let him into the room ...
That was a mistake.
Mushu Edik had not seen, and vice versa.
Dog do not care, iguanas black. From horror. And winced.
In the pictures the world is not a game, it really become so.

After some time, it was decided to upgrade the dwelling reptiles. Still, they are not very fond of all time to be seen.

The customer was satisfied. Immediately snykalsya.

Attempt to attach to the creative process has not led to anything worthwhile - half threw half attempted to try the language. And then I tried to slip away in the closet.

One time he fell in love with my 22x inch, partly, I think, because of the heat, and my society it is not always shun.
Then I accidentally visited the idea that his claws are very sharp and scratched it is not worse than a cat ... Well, so ...)

When he got tired of sitting on the monitor, he was walking in the vicinity.

And he moves to the adjacent cabinet with printer)

And when he tried to prematurely withdraw from their homes, he made such an expression ... and hunting fell away) Let sit still)

Somehow Mushik took a bath, and I was distracted and water nalilos more than necessary. Ideally, water should be at his neck and legs swing bottom.
He drowned, died ... He pretended to be dead!
Whenever I bring his hand, immediately he grabbed me, scratched and swim more flatly refused.
Subsequently, he applied his method repeatedly.

As an incentive to start up sometimes run on a bed, but not for long, because summer all the time the window was open and he could blow, still a tropical animal.

In general, we idyll

Another attempt to get rid of the paparazzi.
By the way, he does not like cameras.

First autumn. I enjoyed no less success than the summer. It has become worse and less mobile. Houses cold, saving only the electric mat Terry at night.
The terrarium temperature should be 25-28 degrees at the warm 32-35 (a lamp). Night - at least 22x.

This doll he liked and he decided to move to a more intimate acquaintance

When given heating, appetite increased.
Cleaning in the terrarium also added

To monitor Mushu now only tolerated and supervised. No, I did not break anything, but fear no one zaperschal.

Imposingly settled at the time of harvesting. The main thing is that the high iguanku instincts pull up, up the tree, as in nature.

And last spring Mushu suddenly became hard to dig.
Since floor remained uncertain, just in case I made a nest to the ground ... you never know.
Iguanok Females lay eggs regardless of whether or not the pairing. Such eggs - pacifiers. But a female socket does not care. At home, they sometimes "resolves" and sometimes lay.
But it's better to play it safe and put the nest with wet and warm the earth.

Two weeks Mushu sat there, almost did not eat.
By the way, I really thought she was pregnant.
But then he lost weight, like something similar to the balls of the pelvic bone was.
Whether it has resolved them, or whether panic was false. After 2 or 3 weeks, he stopped to sit there and I removed the nest.

"Let me, fiends!»

Divorce on the glass - it is salt, which removes from the body yoke sneezing.

Once again, summer, and again his dreams of escape.

By the way, we know quite a lot of stories about the shoots iguanas summer through the windows.
All walks out of the cage should be monitored. Especially if you have other pets at home. First, the yoke may injure yourself, and secondly, maim other animals (tail are pretty good beat, and their teeth are like the blade, though small, claws like a cat, with legs have very not weak, to break the skin can very much), and thirdly, to escape, fourthly, to eat something inedible.

On bites.
I was for 2 years only once Mushik bit when I took it too sharply. It does not hurt, but the track was decent for such a small animal. Now I do not want to think, as he now is able to bite me, possibly fix it in your hands so that he could not do it. If you bite, they shake their head to the side like a dog, which increases the wound. For all this, they have small teeth and are designed to tear the leaves.

But since Mushu looks now, 2 years later.
April 30th, my birthday, we have a date - 2 years together. Although it sounds silly))
This summer I plan to move it to a more spacious house adult and go to herpetologists, to finally determine the sex.
Although, judging by the femoral pores, Mushu - girl.
Yes, and on the nature of the girl did not seem aggressive.
If you pay attention to color, 2 years ago it was green, but as they grow up to become adult fade gray-red.
Many friends who have seen it say that this would take, but they clearly do not realize how expensive it is fun. I'm only half able to provide him a life have to strain. Every six months, you need to change the ultraviolet lamp on a daily basis to give vitamins and calcium each day to clean up (and which one he was well, sorry, well at least, does not stink like snakes), bathe (I do it a couple of times a week, stupidly I did not have time). < br /> As a child I had a turtle, they all died from improper content. Parents do not steamed, and I was a little ...

You love your animals and they will bring joy.

I graduated

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting