Vietnam Zippo

In every war, except for veterans, victims and anniversaries have their religious things. For Vietnam, this thing became lighter Zippo.
Like any legendary item, this piece of metal enveloped the whole array of semi mystical stories: someone he saved lives, given the heat, even helped call a rescue team. Each lighter than the history of the owner received a usually kind of engraving. Not surprisingly, in these conditions, it was almost another soldier, and after all became a symbol of the war.

16 photo.

I'll start with the 1st lighters - and it's 100% fake.
it is this lighter I bought like that on the occasion in Nha Trang in the gift shop and it is with her and became interested in the topic.

While combat is not limited to the history of Zippo Vietnam, the most popular lighters have had it there.
The scope of necessary items supplied free by the US government for their soldiers lighters were not included. But freely sold in military stores almost the entire territory of South Vietnam.
The fact that soldiers were buying Zippo for their hard-earned money was definitely influenced by the fact that treated them especially.
In fact, in the 60 th to the war, young men (19 years - the average age of the soldiers of the Vietnam conflict) have used their lighters as a canvas, as a means of self-expression, a kind of analogue of the status in social networks in our time.
Vietnamese engravers applied for a few dollars at the request of the owners of any drawings and inscriptions.

Today she is honored participants in the events of not less than weapons of war, and engraving retain years of service, names of parts, some lighters stored terrain maps.
I started to collect such lighters couple of years ago. First came across feykovye fake (it must be admitted that the winds are still masters of counterfeiting) But over time, having filled bumps and finding through their colleagues passwords and appearance of real rag pickers in Ho Chi Minh City, I began to acquire original lighters, the truth had to do just to go to Saigon, and not just )

"You can fuck with warrior
But you can not stop this time »

This original I bought a bunch of fakes have shoveled directly into Saigon at the real seller of military artifacts (who are interested in personal contacts skins)

1 Cavalry Division

reverse side

The inscription reads

& quot; When the power of love will win
the love of power
then the entire planet and find out what the real world & quot;

Nha Trang resort town
During the war there was an air base and hospital
so that the former owner of the Zippo bit disingenuous claiming that

"Yes, and you never lived, if not been on the verge of death»

she is on the back side

Well, of course the Americans idol Mickey Mouse his mother)

Binh Lone
It was really harsh place of service, a suburb of Saigon
ongoing fierce fighting with the VC.
This inscription has been very common, it is the way it can be seen on the helmet Charlie Sheen in 'Platoon & quot; Oliver Stone

"When I die
bury me face down - let this world to kiss my ass »

Another Zippo Mickey

The owner of the Zippo infantryman who served in Da Nang

was fond of drink and philosopher)

"I'm an alcoholic.
Once it's over - Get me a beer please "

"For those who fought for freedom, it will have a taste that is unfamiliar to those who defended»

Fu Ring
Zippo warrant officer Huey helicopter pilot

I believe that the pilot slick import on his helicopter soldiers from the shelling could not truthfully assert that:
"After death, I might go to heaven to heaven
because what in the hell I've been to Vietnam ... »

Tonshonnyat
the largest airfield, air base in Saigon
now Ho Chi Minh City International Airport

owner of the lighter was the pilot of the transport - Chinook helicopter (aka Boeing SN47)

"If you want to make love
you just smile returning me the lighter back in the hands »

Khe Sanya
US Special Forces camp
from 1962 to 67 th was quite a quiet peaceful rear
therefore, likely owner of this lighter in these battles did not participate

"Please do not start telling me about Vietnam, because I was there ...»

that's all
Thank you for your attention)
I am leaving to find new artifacts

Source:

Tags