Tanks of World War II

For all, and the enemy and those who are sitting inside.
Tanks on Poklonnaya Hill.

Tank BT-7, the 35th year. Child doctrine of Stalin's war on enemy territory. He possessed great speed (later modified with a diesel engine V-2 up to 86 mph on wheels), could with the covers on wheels racing tracks behind enemy lines for European co-lo. Had the nickname "Flying Tank" because for propaganda purposes, for the newsreels make long jumps through ditches and streams. Successfully fought on Khalkhin-, stormed the Mannerheim Line in Finnish in the 45th finished off the Japanese. Good, beautiful machine, the forerunner of Thirty.

T-34 is recognized by all as the best tank of the 2nd World War, but the stress of the aggregate of all qualities, including mass production, ie, they greatly outnumbered the German T-III, but later in the fighting with the Tigers and with self-propelled guns were carrying a very significant loss. Also called "peasant tank" because Even illiterate peasants (What is the basic components of the Red Army) could master the management and maintenance of this machine. It T34-76, who at the beginning of the war, blind-deaf-mute Fortress. Review of the tank on the reviews of veterans has been woefully inadequate, our radios are not equipped with tanks (commanders were to be put out of the hatch and wave flags). Powder gases at a shot fell into the tank. The Germans were amazed extremely austere swallow our crew compartment. I write about the shortcomings in order to emphasize the heroism of our soldiers.

View from the stern (it is hidden a great diesel V-2).

Light tank T-60. I make the most of their opportunities in the battle for Moscow.

SU-85 self-propelled installation on T-34 chassis. Tank Destroyer. A cheaper construction than the tank.
Tankers jokingly called self-propelled "spoiled tanks", but the contribution to the victory made an enormous ACS.

Panzerkampfwagen III - it is mostly seen in the sight of our gunners in the first half of the war. It was with a gasoline engine, in contact with good light.

Artshturm StuG III. Best German tanker SS Hauptsturmführer Michael Wittmann knocked out on such a machine a few dozen of our tanks. And all he (I must pay tribute to his fighting skills) destroyed 138 Soviet, American and British tanks, 132 Soviet and American self-propelled artillery.

Beating the Nazis helped us with tanks allies. "Matilda" supplied under Lend-Lease by the British. Obsolete tank that did not meet the modern doctrine of maneuver of armored warfare. Belching land dreadnoughts. Slowly crept across the battlefield, supporting the infantry fire a weak gun. Permeability on narrow tracks was unsatisfactory, the weight of too big, but good armor protection. When the tank was not enough, and such were happy.

Sherman. Promoted by the Americans almost to the level of T-34, I do not really compete with the German tanks on any parameter other than mass production. Americans just overwhelmed Shermans Germans on the Western Front, because to knock out one of the Tigris, was required 3 - 4, and even more Shermans. As I stood there, just thought: here! Gunner's Dream! Miss this pyramid is simply impossible. Well, if you were - Kick. Armor did not hold a German 88mm shell, and once ignited gasoline engine. Accidents tankers American Sherman compared with Zippo lighter at which at the time was the advertising slogan, something like: "ignited every time!».

IS-3 (Joseph Stalin) launched the series in the last days of the war, to war, he did not, but the car is terrible, stood in the Soviet Army in the postwar years. The powerful 122mm gun and original location of the forward edge of the frontal armor plates.

Soviet Tank Aces:
1. Lt. Dmitry Lavrinenko (fought on the T-34, served in the 4th Tank Brigade) - destroyed 52 tanks and assault guns.
2. Art. Lt. Zinovy ​​Kolobanov (KV, 1st Panzer Division) - 22 tanks.
3. Lieutenant Semyon Konovalov (KV, 15 Panzer Brigade) - 16 tanks, armored +2.
4-5. Lieutenants and strongmen Aleksey Dmitriev Maxim - 11 tanks each.
6. Lieutenant Paul Hutz (KV, 89 th Independent Tank Battalion) - 10 tanks + 4 anti-tank guns.
7. Senior Lieutenant Vladimir Hazov (6th Tank Brigade) - 10 tanks.
8. Lieutenant Ivan Deputies (36th Tank Brigade) - 9 tanks, assault guns +2 +3 APCs.
9. Sergeant Ivan Lyubushkin (T-34, 4th Tank Brigade) - 9 tanks.
10. Senior Lieutenant Dmitry Sholokhov (158 Panzer Brigade) - 8 tanks.

via l-me-mine

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting