11 rules of Orwell

Trying to find a recipe for brewing tea into the first cookbook, or you will not find it at all, or at best find a few terse lines of instructions, no mention some essential points.

It is curious, not only because tea is one of the mainstays of civilization in our country as well as in Ireland, Australia and New Zealand, but also because the best way to his welding is the subject of heated debate.

Analyzing my own recipe for a perfect tea, I allocate no less than eleven immutable rules. Perhaps the two of them will not cause any particular differences, but at least four very, very questionable. Here are my eleven rules, each of which, I believe gold.

First of all, the tea should be an Indian or Ceylon. China tea has virtues which at present can not be ignored - it's cheap, and it can be drunk without milk, but he is not cheerful. From Chinese tea does not feel like a smarter, braver or just optimistic. Anyone who happens to resort to these comforting words - "a cup of excellent tea" - certainly has in mind the Indian tea. Secondly, tea should be brewed a little, that is, the brew teapot. Tea, brewed in a large container, usually tasteless and army tea, brewed in boilers, always gives lime and gun grease. Scalded porcelain teapot should be or porcelain. The silver teapots and tea British tea is made worse metal; and very poorly sealed in enamel, although the tin (a rarity nowadays), oddly enough, to insist very bad. Third, the tea should be preheated, but not rinsing, as is usually done, hot water, and to take on the mantel. Fourthly, the tea should be strong. Full to the brim with tea in one quart capacity is about six teaspoons a "top". During the period of rationing is not the most easy to implement advice, but I am convinced that a strong cup of tea is better to twenty cups of weak. All true lovers do not just like strong tea, but every year like it to brew stronger and stronger, which is reflected in the decision to grant additional rations of tea-age pensioners. Fifthly, the tea should be put straight into the teapot. No bags or silk bags, no other other shackles of tea. In some countries, Kettle is suspended strainer to catch the tea leaves are considered harmful, in fact tea leaves can absorb any amount without any damage to health; if the tea is not freely floating in a teapot, it never really welded. Sixthly, it is necessary to pour the tea leaves in boiling water and not vice versa. But it is in hot water - water at the time of the merger with the brewing should really boil, then have tea with boiling water can not be removed from the fire. However, some argue that the tea is suitable only freshly boiled water, but I did not notice much of a difference. Seventh, make tea, it should stop, or better yet how to shake the teapot, then giving the tea leaves to settle. Eighth, it is necessary to drink tea from cups high cylindrical instead of flat and shallow. In the longer cylindrical part, and in no time flat rasprobovat as tea has cooled. Ninth, with milk cream must be removed before you pour it into a tea. Too fat milk gives the tea a sickening taste. Tenth, must first be poured into the cup not milk and tea. This is one of the most controversial issues; indeed in every British family be encountered with supporters of both platforms. Proponents of the theory of "first milk" can be quite weighty arguments put forward its position, but I stand on his own, and my position is undeniable: it poured first tea and pouring as stirring, can be adjusted very accurately the required amount of milk. Otherwise, it is easy to pour. Lastly, tea - unless you drink it in Russian - you can not drink with sugar. Yes, I confess: I'm in the minority here. Yet how can people call themselves chaevnikom that can kill the taste of tea with sugar? With the same success it is possible to flavor tea pepper or salt. Tea is supposed to be bitter, just as beer. Sweeten it, you do not drink tea, you drink a sugar that with the same success could just be dissolved in hot water.

Some would say that is not like the tea itself, and drink it just to cheer and warm up, and put the sugar to hit the taste of tea. This erring, I will say one thing: try to drink tea without sugar for at least two weeks, and you'll never want to spoil the taste of tea, sweetening it.

Such questions are not only tea party are the subject of heated debate, but good enough to illustrate the degree of sophistication reached by discussion. Around the kettle was formed as the mysterious social etiquette (Why, for example, it is considered improper to drink from the saucer?). And how much could be written about how to use the by-leaf tea from guessing and predicting the arrival of visitors to the feeding of rabbits, healing burns and carpet cleaning. It is necessary to pay attention to such details as custard teapot warm up and maintaining the boiling water to certainly be able to squeeze out of his ration the twenty good cup of strong tea, which with skilful approach and should be enough for two ounces.

Tags

See also

New and interesting