Northern lights in the Norwegian sky

Photographer Tommy Eliassen travels to Norway and professionally engaged in shooting the aurora borealis. trying to fully convey its beauty.

Tommy says that he never tired of watching the northern lights. "We used to see the polar lights, but now I understand why people agree to go to the other end of the earth, only to see them. I take pictures of this natural phenomenon for many years, but still every time it seems to me so beautiful and mesmerizing, as if I see him for the first time. " In the photo: the aurora borealis, the Milky Way and the stars in the night sky over a fjord in Finnmark, Norway.

City Mo i Rana is located fifty miles south of the Arctic Circle, and temperatures here often reaches 20 degrees Celsius in winter. The photo - tree silhouette against the sky, illuminated by the northern lights, in Mo i Rana.

Aloe Northern Lights over the town Mo i Rana in Nordlende, Norway.

This year's season of the Northern Lights will begin in late August. Scientists say the northern lights this year will be one of the highlights in a long time. "Solar activity reaches a peak in 2012-2013, so you can expect to have a very bright and beautiful auroras," says Tommy. In the photo: the northern lights, the stars and the moon reflected in the icy water in Aldetrsundet Nordlende in Norway.

Northern Lights green hue in the night sky over the Nord-Trondelag

Thirty-four Tommy began his career as a photographer at the end of the 1990's. Now he has the opportunity to travel around the country, doing things you love. "I've always liked night photography and landscape photography with long exposure," says Tommy. But in recent years I am more interested in the photo of the aurora and the starry sky. Perhaps the reason for this is that I was lucky - I live just outside the Arctic Circle - is, like it or not, you still will admire the aurora. " Photo: Northern Lights and the stars in the night sky over Aldersundetom Nordlende in Norway.

Northern Lights pinkish hue in the sky over the wound in Nordlende

The reflection of the northern lights, illuminating the sky in the water of the fjord in Finnmark

Northern Lights illuminates the sky in a green Nordlend in Hamar, Norway

Northern Lights greenish with splashes of red lights up the sky over the Mo i Rana

Make your photos Tommy always goes alone. "Yes, I always plan in advance, but not all. I try every day to be aware of the weather and solar activity, "says Tommy. "One of the hardest things when shooting aurora is. that you can never know in advance where and when will be the bright flash. Its coordinates borealis change in seconds, just changing rapidly, and its intensity. " Photo: Tommy silhouette against the background of the sky illuminated by the northern lights in Soltfyellete.

Indirect lighting greenish aurora sky in the water of the fjord in Finnmark, Norway.

Tags

See also

New and interesting