Vic Wild

Snowboarder Vic Wild, who won Olympic gold in Sochi in the parallel giant slalom, said that in Russia he was given better conditions than in the US.
In the final, Wilde was faster than Swiss Nevin Galmarini. Won bronze Slovenian Jean Koshiro.
"This morning I woke up with the thought that I would win. I came here with a good emotional mood, I came to the recent victory at the World Cup, thus I realized his dream. And today's performance has been a bonus for me, "- said Wilde reporters.
Earlier Wilde, who is married to Olympic bronze medalist in 2014 the Russian snowboarder Alain Zavarzin, represented the US team.

"Why I left the US? I was not there the necessary support funding. In those circumstances I would not have been able to achieve what I have now. Probably not at home all excited about my decision to play for Russia. But I myself have nothing against his homeland, just better here, here for the team snowboard all the conditions have all the equipment, opportunities for training. Here I realize its potential. The national team gives me everything and in return expects concrete results
In fact, that's great - to win together with Alena, because we are together all the time. The fact that we will one day win medals - amazing, I do not know how this could happen. A feeling that I see a wonderful dream "- said Wilde.
Also newly Olympic champion said that after this success he wants to sleep and drink.
"It would be nice to have a beer! But we, like, do not sell. Vodka? No, I have enough of one beer - admitted Wilde. - We're very little sleep, dream sleep ».

--img2--

Source: www.eurosport.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting