Football with African grandparents in Limpopo Province

In today's photo essay writer will tell you about a wonderful day spent in the company of cheerful and grandparents in Africa. These charismatic players will prove to you that no matter how old you are, you should always stay young soul! You are still thinking what to do in retirement?

The Climb. Today we have a long day. We fly from Cape Town to Polokwane (Limpopo Province).

We have a tradition - to organize football matches with local amateur soccer players. Our football team is called "Lovers". We've played in Tanzania, Maldives. South Africa has also played a few times. But this time, we have agreed to a match with YuARskimi football grandparents pensioner, who became famous during the FIFA World Cup, passing in 2010 in South Africa.

We wrote to them and they said that they would welcome us. Looking ahead, I will say that we spent in Polokwane 3 days without spending a dime of money is not. Hospitality grandmothers knew no bounds. But first things first.

Summer. The sun was already high. Say "goodbye" Cape Town mountains, seas, oceans. We'll come back here more than once.

08:00

On a small airplane will fly from Cape Town to Polokwane.

10:00

To be honest, we have little idea what to expect. All this idea was our next adventure, which usually either translate into an incredible adventure, or end in complete failure.

Polokwane airport is very small. Standing at only tape luggage, and glancing at the glass doors of the hall of arrival, we already knew that "hit"! In the best sense of the word. From behind the door heard the songs, shouts, whistles vuvuzel. And we were sure that this is our soul.

So, go out into the lobby of the airport. Grandmother greeted us as a family))

10:30

After feyericheskogo greeting with songs and dances have been waiting van. We immediately went to the football field. Fun on the bus continued. As we later learned, so grandma can all day without stopping))

11:00.

Still, play a full match with us pensioner did not, and just kicked the ball with us, demonstrating his technique.

11:30

But the game still held. Grandmother put against us their grandfathers. All for 60 years. All in great shape. Grandmother settled themselves in the stands to enjoy the most beautiful game in the world - football!

So, the match started! The game, of course, was an event of local scale. All local children was assembled!

Since we (white) is not gaining full membership, for we also played a few grandparents.

The game was certainly friendly, but no legs to each other not much regretted))

Still, the difference in the age of 30-40 years, of course, affect the game. "FC Amateur (Russia)" had a territorial advantage and created a scoring chance after another.

After the first half the score was 2: 0. Break.

12:15

After a short break, the match continued.

In the second half, when the score was already 3: 0, we decided to change tactics to revive the intrigue. And then, after a while the score is 3: 3))

But still said his passion for sports. Final score 5: 3 in favor of "Lovers».

12:45

Traditional photographs and autographs after the game to children))

13:15

Surprise you. It was the second team and grandparents. So it was warm. In the evening we had been waiting for a match with the first team grandfathers in the main stadium of the city. Until then dried form.

13:30

I went into the forest, chase giraffes.

For lunch we have a watermelon. African, yellow.

At 14:00 we were waiting on the local radio. To microphone was sent Nastia as best speaking in English))

Program led Beka Ntsanwisi, or as it is called here all Mom Beck. That's exactly it, we agreed that come to visit them.

Actually Beck is an ideological inspirer and organizer of the Grandmothers-football players. That's exactly it at one time had the idea to inspire local sports retirees. Previously, she worked in the social services and caring for the elderly. Says grandmothers was painful to watch, here and decided to do their rejuvenation.

My grandmother told me that if they had met earlier to discuss their sores, now to play football, but at the same time and have fun. Here's what we said one of the football players: "I used a lot of hurt, 4 years went on crutches, while football is not taken. I love football! I am happy when I go out on the field! ».

15:00

The second part of the grandmothers would not go with us to the second match. We'll see them more in the evening.

15:30

Go to the main match. On track grandmother gave us dried caterpillars. Before the match, you need to gain strength and a little refreshment.

16:00

The stadium and the captain of contenders I give an interview with local television. We talk about how great it was possible to organize this match and plans for grandparents to come for the return match in Moscow next year.

The basic structure of grandmothers located on the podium. Grandmother screaming dudyat, sing songs.

Beck discusses something with the team captain grandmothers - Messi.

17:00

Match starts!

At this stadium with lawn and stands with a lot of fans, it was a pleasure to play! After the first half we were big in the long run, and in the second half I changed shirts with one of the grandparents to have a little of their efforts. As a result, the score was 4: 1.

19:00

It was already dark.

20:00

The traditional post-match photo

21:00

After the game we went to dinner at a local Beverly Hills - home to the main team captain grandmothers - Messi.

00:00

The day was heavy.

Grandmother tired, but continued to sing the song, go to their rooms.

We hang to dry wash the form on the nail and go to bed. The day was memorable!

00:05

sleep ...

Source: odin-moy-den.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting