Romania in photographs from 1925 to 1984

Several boxes of photographic plates shed light on Romanian culture, which many believe could disappear without a trace. This photographer's work Costică Ascinte. He worked in the period from 1925 to 1984. His work has affected an entire era: the Second World War, and the subsequent communist regime, which has had a negative impact on the economy and population.

A collection of photos was lost after the death of the photographer in 1984 as long as Caesar Popsesku not found her in the back room in Lalomita County Museum. Popescu began work on digitizing photographic plates in November last year, he left to digitize another 4,000 copies.
Although photography and black and white, but they are nevertheless very lively.

"The photographs show the building in Slobozia are you will not see," says Popescu. One of his favorite images from the collection: - Photo hunter who amazingly march to Jude Law, with drofoy- bird, which is now on the verge of extinction in Romania. Looking at the photo, you can get some idea of ​​the culture and traditions from which almost nothing left -naprimer traditions photographed for a family funeral. "This tradition is no longer in any country, in Romania," says Popescu. In the photos also shows children playing in the snow, drank together men of the family at work, wedding scene in the markets, and dancing.

"The photo depicted as famous people of that time- for example, Nicolas Malaksa- owner of the factory in Bucharest, and conventional grazhdane- students, colleagues photographer, his friends. And they are all beautiful in their own way ».

Popescu said he did not know what else will find in this collection. He had already found a portrait of Queen Mary and King Carol second. "Who knows what other treasures to be discovered me? Any fact that might shed light on the history is very important. I am sure that in the future historians these pictures seem as much fun as I did. "

Popescu knew about the photographer since childhood, as his father, also a photographer, worked with one of his sons. So when Popescu saw his work, I began to look for the rest of his collection. He learned that after the death of his work has been submitted to the County Museum Lalomita where the box with them lay undiscovered.

Due to improper storage plates were subjected to destruction, and had a lot of cajoling Poppesku museum administration to allow him to digitize these images ...
The process of restoration of each plate takes 15-30 minutes, depending on its condition. To plate is not subjected to further destruction, Poplesku have to work in the evenings and on weekends, in his spare time on their core work- photographer and the site administrator. "If I did not dare to do this important work, one would not do that. Or decided, but when the plates were already in a state of disrepair. »

Popescu spends his money for restoration. But he said he recently received a donation of 100 and 150 euros.
Previously, these photos nobody was interested and did not even see, and now they can see the whole world.

Jazz band from Slobozia, 1943

Farmers with their cattle

Wealthy Romanian woman

Romanian workers

Photo from the wedding

And here is the picture of the hunter

Seamstress. The woman in the foreground, cataracts

During the Second World

Nicolas Malaksa owner zavoda- one of the most influential people

Woman in traditional dress

Two sisters

Picnic

Pupils

Few women in the photographs are smiling.

Holiday in the Romanian village

Translated specifically for fishki.net

--img48--

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk

Tags

See also

New and interesting