Saltykov-Shchedrin. Source quotes the Prophet

30 best quotes from the works of the great Russian writer Saltykov-Shchedrin.

188 years ago, January 27, 1826 was born Mikhail Saltykov-Shchedrin. In Russian literature it a special place, because no writer in his works does not criticize without mocks and exposes the reality of so-accurately and mercilessly.
Despite the fact that he wrote almost two centuries ago, his stories are very similar to what is happening in Russia today. Heroes as accurately characterize the modern world, it seems, the writer simply looked into the future and wrote about us.

1. If I go to sleep and wake up in a hundred years, and they ask me, what is happening in Russia, I answer: drink and steal ...
2. Something like: not the constitution, not the salmon mayonnaise, not someone tear.
3. In all countries, the railways are used to move, and we have moreover also for theft.
4. When and how the bureaucrat was not convinced that Russia is a cake, to which you can freely come and have a snack?
5. The Russian authorities should keep their people in a constant state of amazement.
6. That's nothing that we in Europe give one ruble fifty dollars, it will be worse, if for our ruble will give in the face.
7. If the Holy Rus people begin to wonder what he ostolbeneet in surprise, and so on until the death of post and will stand.
8. The severity of Russian laws is softened by not having their performance.
9. Well, we, my brother, is not it. We not only ate apples and branches and some have broken off all! We, the other day, Uncle Sofron by circles of kerosene was - and that's all drunk!
10. We have no middle, either in the snout, or have your hand!

Illustrations to "History of the city».

11. No, it seems, is in God's world corners where all times - transitional.
12. - Mon cher, - used to say Krutitsyn - split equally today and tomorrow inequality still come into its own.
13. Alas! less than a quarter of an hour yet, and already it seemed to me that now is the moment to drink vodka.
14 - Today, mother and without a husband is like my husband and I live. Today over those of a religion laugh. We got to the bush, were married under a bush - and the trick is done. That is what they called civil marriage.
15. In order to steal a success, you need to have only the agility and greed. Greed is especially necessary because of the small theft can get to trial.
16. ... large letters printed word entirely irrelevant, and all the material depicted the smallest font.
17. To each his outrage decency.
18. ... The purpose of the publication of laws is twofold: some are published for the greater nations and countries dispensation, the other - to lawmakers kosneli in idleness.
19. - The young lady asked for a large or small chest neck wash them?
20. Education to introduce moderation, possibly avoiding bloodshed.

--img6--

--img7--

21. Idiots generally very dangerous, or even because they are necessarily evil, but because they are devoid of all reasons, and always go ahead, as if the road on which they found themselves, they belong to one.
22 - Credit, - he talked Cole Persianovu - this is when you have no money ... you know? There is no money, and suddenly - klats! - They are!
- However, mon cher, if you require payment? - Burr Kohl.
- Freak! You do such a simple thing you do not understand! It must pay - well, again credit! More pay - another loan! Today all states so live!
23. Stupid, in a rough sense of the word, Strunnikova name was not, but he was smart just enough to, as they say, is not the tallow candles and glass do not wipe.
24. gab hiding a lie, and a lie, as you know, is the mother of all vices.
25. One host to the other and think, "What would I relish threw you Kuritsyna son out the window, if only ..." and the other sits and thinks too: "What I would relish spat you vile Pyzhik, in the face, if only ... "Imagine what this" if only "does not exist - a sharing of thoughts suddenly occurred to between interlocutors!
26. Incorrectly believe those koi think that only those Piscary can be considered good citizens, koi, mad with fear, sit in burrows and tremble. No, it is not the citizens, and at least useless Piscary.
27. The words "nothing noticed" is already a whole reputation, which does not allow a person to completely immerse yourself in the depths of absolute obscurity.
28. Many people tend to confuse the two concepts: "Fatherland" and "Your Excellency».
29. It is terrible when a person says and does not know why he said that and said finish ever.
30. Talent itself is colorless and only acquires color application.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting