The minimum fee is John Hill

What went Jonah Hill, to get the role of Donny Azov in Martin Scorsese's "The Wolf of Wall Street»?

Now, Hill was nominated for an Oscar as best supporting actor, and he says that he not only wanted desperately to play Donnie, but was willing to do it for a minimal fee.

Appearing on The Howard Stern Show, Hill said that he had received for his film about $ 60 000.

The actor said he was hired at the minimum amount of money, which only he could offer, but added that he would do everything possible to work with Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio.

"They gave me the lowest amount of money, which has only been possible. It was their proposal - Hill said - I said that I sign the paper today that they sent me a fax in the evening. I would like to sign them before they change their minds. »

According to Hill, the minimum fee was about $ 60,000 before taxes.

And he noted that "The Wolf of Wall Street" is not the movie, which are in it for the money, the money he earns, acting in "macho and nerdy" and other projects, so it is okay.

"To act in" macho and nerdy-2 & quot; or do other things - that's what makes it possible to pay rent & quot;

Indeed, Hill even joked that he would have paid Scorsese, that he took it into his work.

"I would have sold my house and gave [Scorsese] all my money just to work for him - he said. - I would do anything. And I would do it again in a second. »

DiCaprio says that Hill moved to the role with an incredible energy.

"I read the script, and no one should play Donnie Azov, except me," gave DiCaprio Hill said. - "I thought - okay. And we started talking about what it must have been an incredible scenario of those guys for whom money is paramount. I realized that this guy. And I had to pass all this Marty. »

Jonah Hill was not only a welcome experience with the director of the "old school", but also a major film awards nominations.

Tags

See also

New and interesting