British newspaper The Times introduced the top 10 most unusual finds in the stomachs of sharks, which have been reported in the publication of more than two centuries.
New Zealand scientists have recently announced that they will broadcast the opening of sharks online. Why this is really interesting - proved article from the archives of The Times.
1. In 1821, the newspaper told of a sailor, who unsuccessfully tried to catch a fish on a bait instead of metal dollars. "Four days later, at a distance of 300 miles of his comrades caught sharks and dolphins, which were found in the stomachs of three hooks with dollars", - said the publication.
2. One sheep's head and legs of lamb, horse's leg (crab), sea owl and a few items on a garnish - a list of the contents of the stomach shark caught in 1823, the publication calls the "well-balanced menu" and wondered - if someone knows something, what a sea owl?
3. In the same year found in the stomach of a shark six-pound cannon ball. As suggested by the author, the core attached to the dead, to bury him in the sea, and a shark ate a dead man with a load.
4. Bundle of incriminating documents from the American brig, Nancy, who posed as a neutral vessel, - that the British sailors found inside the shark in the days of American Revolutionary War (1775-1783), said the publication. Curiously, the shark opened on the orders of the captain, to re-use bait - a piece of pork.
5. "In the monster had seven rows of teeth, with three rows of almost plunged into the upper gums ... His belly found partly decomposed body of a man - a well-dressed, middle-growth: a white shirt with pearl buttons, silk undershirt, cotton socks, shoes nearly new" - said in a report from the New Orleans of 1856.
6. Double-eaten: in 1862 during a storm from the deck of the ship Jutland washed goose belonging to a second operator to Tate, tells the newspaper. As for the goose leg was attached tag with the name and address of the owner, the fishermen who found the bird in the stomach shark returned to its Tate, who roasted goose and ate.
7. In Brisbane in 1869, in the stomach of a giant shark found a lot of different delicacies, including sheep's clothing, and an unusually large crab.
8. "The stomach is a pair of human feet, shod in boots" - about a shark izlovlennoy in Fiume in 1887. There are associations with the soles of sneakers, which are regularly the last time in Canada.
9. In 1922 he was removed from sharks live turtle. She transferred to the New York Aquarium, where it eventually moved away from the shock and wounds. Turtle named symbolic name of Jonah.
10. When was the Sydney Aquarium in 1935 brought a live shark it spewed from the mouth of a man's arm with the tattoo. "Tattoos and fingerprints revealed that the hand of James Smith, who, according to police, was killed and thrown into the sea", said the publication.
Finally the newspaper for the publication of results in a particular case, which occurred in 1922 - in the stomach of a shark found release The Times.
Recall that in October last year, 53-year-old American is not to be given in the stomach shark his dog - he forgot about his own safety, attacked grab Rat Terrier predator and tipped his favorite.