Only a select 17% of people will pass this intelligence test.

To minimize life’s failures, it’s important to act wisely in any situation. Indeed, we often make mistakes when we act spontaneously without thinking. How well you can think rationally and rationally It can be tested with the shortest IQ test.

To boost your cognitive abilities, we suggest you take a very short test of psychologist Shane Frederick, called CRT (from English). cognitive reflection).

A little clue. Try not to follow your intuition, but show clarity of thought. It is not as simple as it seems at first glance. Only 17% of the world’s top university students were able to achieve these three goals quickly. The less time it takes to decide, the higher your intelligence. Interested in testing yourself? Then let's get started.

The first baseball bat and ball cost $1 and 10 cents. The ball is $1 cheaper than the bat. How much is the ball?

The second 5 machines produce 5 parts in 5 minutes. How long will 100 machines make 100 parts?

In the pond there is a site on which water lilies grow quickly. Every day the area of this area is doubled. It is known that the entire pond of water lilies will be covered in 48 days. How long does it take to fill half the surface of the pond with water lilies?

Answers.

No, not 10 cents, as you would immediately answer. Because the bat is 100 cents more expensive than the ball, not 90 cents more expensive, according to the condition of the problem. That is, the cost of the bat and the ball is 110 cents, and the difference between these numbers is 100 cents. If we take the value of the ball for x, then
x + (x + 100) = 110. Solving this equation, we get x = 5. 5 cents for the ball and $1.05 for the bat. I wonder what years these prices are.

The second answer is also not as simple as it seems at first glance. You could take and divide 100 by 100. But we do not have simple tasks on arithmetic, but on logic. So, if 5 machines produce 5 parts in 5 minutes, then each machine works at a speed of 1 part in 5 minutes. It follows that 100 machines will make 100 parts in 5 minutes.

Task Three: No, of course, not 24 days. As a rule, many rush to calculate the geometric progression. But the catch is that no calculations need to be performed. If on the 48th day the entire lake is filled, it is logical to assume that on the previous day it was half full, since according to the condition of the task, the area is increased by 2 times daily. So half the pond was in the water lilies after 47 days. I wish I could see such beauty with my own eyes!

People find it easier to feel than to think. Rational analysis requires a lot of energy, which is often easy for us. laziness. Therefore, intuitionists are less likely to think and more likely to fall into the traps of their intuitive mind.

Are you happy with the results of our short test? Please share your answers with us in the comments.

Tags

See also

New and interesting