Why the miraculous icon of St. Nicholas (Mokry) will return to Ukraine

Not everyone believes in the miracle and power of prayer, but if there are insurmountable difficulties in life, one can only pray. Therefore, during the invasion of enemies, believers always offered prayers for peace to the Lord and revered Orthodox saints. And it is symbolic that today the miraculous icon of St. Nicholas Mokroy returns to Ukraine. We can only hope that a strong prayer to Nicholas the Wonderworker for help will help stop the war and bring peace to our long-suffering land.

Strong Prayer to Nicholas the Wonderworker for Help History of the First Wonderworking Icon of Kievan Rus Speaking about the history of the icon of St. Nicholas the Mokroy, let us recall the Miracle of the Child in Kiev. Legend has it that a married couple made a pilgrimage to Vyshgorod to the relics of Boris and Gleb. They returned to Kiev in a boat on the Dnieper.

At night, the tired woman dozed off and dropped the baby into the water. The parents were desperate. But they knew that St. Nicholas always guarded people on the water. So they asked him for help. To their great joy, in the morning the child was found unharmed in the closed Sophia Cathedral under the image of St. Nicholas.

Since then, the icon has been called “Nikola Wet” because “the child is lying wet.” And kept in the altar of St. Nicholas of Kiev Sofia. And opposite the place on the Dnieper, where the miraculously saved child drowned, a wooden church was erected.

Before the restoration in 1882, the shrine was explored and dated to the X century. Until 1943, it was housed in the choirs of St. Sophia Cathedral. Then, during World War II, she was taken out of Ukraine by Bishop Mstislav of Pereyaslav. Since then, the Kiev icon was kept in Holy Trinity Church in Brooklyn, New York. And now, thanks to the assistance of the hierarchs of the Orthodox Church of the United States, he is returning to Kiev.

Prayer from War to Nicholas the Wonderworker

“Miracleworker Nicholas, Defender and Savior. Come down from heaven an Orthodox miracle and stop the death of God’s people. For the sake of the sufferers and martyrs, for the sake of the Apostolic Church, I implore you to protect yourself from war. Save orphan children, fathers, grandfathers and mothers. Remove all sorrow from wounds and bring the righteous into the Holy Temple. Your will be done. Amen.

Strong prayer to St. Nicholas "Blessed Nicholas, our intercessor before the Throne of the Lord, in sorrows and troubles a helper!" Help me, a sinner, in my life, pray to the Lord for the forgiveness of my sins, if I have voluntarily sinned by word, deed or thought.

Ask the Lord to deliver me from my physical and spiritual torments, and help me in my earthly endeavors to serve the glory of the Lord our God. Do not leave your protection in difficult times. We send glory to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Now and forever and ever. Amen.

Prayer from war to the Lord God “Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God.” Save the Orthodox people from the enemy bullets of a cruel war. Protect your children and women with mercy. Protect old people and mothers from death. Save from injury, protect from torment. I pray for all the people, let peace come soon. Your will be done. Amen.

Prayer to St. Nicholas the Wonderworker helps to feel the support of heavenly forces and cope with any troubles. Pray to your loved ones, it is like a kiss in the heart, as the best manifestation of care for them.

Tags

See also

New and interesting