How to make a flower bed for three seasons with your own hands

Every summer, dozens of delightful flowers flaunt my father’s country house. Often relatives come to see this beauty. I asked my dad for some advice, because I wondered how he managed to maintain the eternal beauty of the garden.

It happens that inexperienced gardeners see flower-bed They buy all the flowers indiscriminately. In fact, the creation of a luxurious flowerbed is painstaking, and if you want to watch the flowering for three seasons in a row, it is worth considering important nuances.

Of course, it is much easier to care for a flowerbed, the peak flowering of plants on which falls in the summer. Nevertheless, the cottages of craftsmen are beautiful already in spring, and the last flowers please the eye until the first frosts. The secret is in the selection of plants that bloom one after another.

Another important nuance: a luxurious flower bed requires a lot of space. On a modest plot of meter per meter, no harmony of colors will work. Think of a plan to plant plants in advance, and then go to the store for seeds. Let's start decorating the dacha with early blooming...

In the spring, your garden will be decorated with violets, sprouts, crocuses, jellyfish and forget-me-nots. Of course, their appearance is not comparable with summer light-loving flowers, but they will quite decently decorate the dacha, while summer plants barely appear from the ground. The flowers are whimsical, so the ideal option would be to grow them in penumbra. Also, try not to plant flowers anywhere, but group them according to approximately the same flowering period.

Tulips, hyacinths, daffodils: closer to summer, the garden becomes more beautiful. It is the most beautiful time, because in summer most of the charming plants bloom, and their names are not listed. Personally, I prefer plants that bloom all summer: dahlias, astras, roses.

Also in the summer look great cornflowers, bells, astilba. The choice of colors is huge, it all depends on your imagination. Some gardeners can not be called artists, because they create whole compositions from pretty plants.

Astras will calmly last until mid-autumn, at this time chrysanthemums, anemones, timeless flowers also bloom. If you do not want to part with the flower bed that has pleased you for many months, pay attention to the decorative herbs and shrubs that will shine closer to winter.

Design of flower beds There are hundreds of options, which are only monocloths or full flower beds with only two or three types of flowers. Such “flower kingdoms” look no less delightful, but it is important to select seeds with different flowering periods to enjoy the beauty for as long as possible.

But flower beds are literally made of even useless things. Earlier we showed examples of how inventive flower lovers manage to make beauty out of old junk.

At the same time, there are beds of stones. Such areas look equally cool both in classical style and in modern performance.

The most creative gardeners are not limited to flowers and use everything from a tube of toothpaste to an old car. Take note of these ideas for the design of the flowerbed, and the neighbors will admire your ingenuity.

Tags

See also

New and interesting