Who Needs a Luxury Prom Evening

June is prom time. For the graduates themselves, this is a moment of final goodbye to the school, which they gave more than 10 (perhaps the best in their lives) years. But for parents, this is a time of great care and expense.

But who really needs the pompous? graduation? A kid to take one last walk with classmates? Or parents to boast of generosity, proving that their child is more beautiful than others?

Graduation evening at school “was at a parent meeting, where they discussed the upcoming celebration of the prom, and was unpleasantly surprised by the appetites there.” Only for solemn events decided to take 12 thousand. The restaurant is 4 thousand from the nose. Who decided, it is unclear, the mother of the graduate indignant.

When I dared to say that somehow a lot turns out for all these balls-flowers-gifts, and the child does not want to celebrate in the restaurant, the ladies from the road committee began to frankly rude. They refused to give an estimate, they say, not with him, but the amount is.”

I thought I had to buy a suit (that's 8-10 thousand), shoes (thousands 5-7), a shirt (another 2000), and the mood became unimportant. Yes, we knew about the graduation in advance, little by little we saved money. But prom I thought I was crazy.

“In the end, I came home very angry. At the family council at dinner decided that it is not necessary to go to the prom and the certificate can be picked up the next day. But the money set aside for this event, give the child for personal needs - let him dispose of as he wants. The graduate is delighted. The husband supported”.

“On the one hand, prom seems to be a necessary attribute of growing up, but on the other hand, even the child is sure that he does not need it. What's there to do? Sitting in a rented, dusty playroom, listening to scenic speeches about 11 years of friendship?

But the son is already fully calculating the benefits and is going to spend some of the money, going to a concert of his favorite musical group. He bragged to his classmates. They were jealous and doubtful too.”

Prom celebration A good tradition, the purpose of which is to say goodbye to school, teachers and classmates. This is a farewell chord before a long jump into adulthood. But over the years, the sweet graduation celebration has evolved, gained pomp and turned into a competition of parents in generosity.

Some prom They can give a head start to the royal balls. Yesterday’s schoolchildren are riding on limousines and yachts, they are entertained by eminent magicians and pop stars, and tables are bursting with overseas dishes. At the same time, parents have to fight for booking the best banquet halls in megacities since autumn.

But even in the provinces, you have to spend too much. Often, parents of graduates are divided into those who want to become more expensive and richer, and those who are forced to agree with other people's whims and add new spending to the family budget.

And if anyone decides not to go to the release, the amount will only increase. And does it make sense to go and pay for excesses, given that the child has many years of student life on his nose, where you can not do without expenses?

Often, the children themselves are not delighted with the celebration, they say, at the holiday they had more fun than they, and parents with teachers. After all, the opinion of yesterday’s students is rarely heard. Is it worth turning a bright children's holiday into a parade of parents' "wanters"?

Tags

See also

New and interesting