How to Choose a Beach Costume for a Child

Recently, a good friend of mine came from a vacation and told me a controversial story. She was at sea with her 4-year-old daughter. The story goes with the words of a friend: Irochka and I got to the beach. The day was hot and sunny, we splashed with our daughter in the sea, then went out into the sun. I wiped Ira, put cream on her, and she sat down to play in the sand next to me. She was dressed only in the lower part of her bathing suit. It's an important detail.

I'm lying there, basking in the sun, and a strange woman comes to me. He said, “Is this your child?” I say it's mine. And then she begins to tell me that I am completely shameless, to allow such a grown girl to walk naked in front of other people. Then something about the fact that I should be ashamed, that I myself provoke all sorts of bad people and raise my daughter badly.

When the tirade was over, I politely told the woman that somehow I would figure out what to wear my child. She snorted and left, but I stayed and thought. Should a 4-year-old girl be packed in a bathing suit?

Here's the editorial. "Site" I was puzzled by this question no less. Let’s try to figure out how to dress children on the beach.

How to Dress on the Beach With adults, everything is very clear: put on a swimsuit - and rest happy. But what about the kids? On the beach you can see girls in different clothes. Some mothers dress girls in full-fledged swimsuits, others in shorts and a T-shirt, and someone generally lets the child run without anything. What do you want? Let's turn to psychologists for an opinion.

Experts believe that in this matter it is necessary to focus on the stages of psychological and physiological development of the child. It happens differently for different girls. From 3 to 5 years, most often, girls develop femininity. They like to dress up, turn in front of the mirror. The girl wants to be like her mother. At this age, they already understand the difference between the sexes and feel like girls.

It is at this age that you can start wearing a swimsuit. First, the girl herself will be delighted with her new outfit. Especially if it looks like your mom. Secondly, and the child, and you and everyone around you will be comfortable in this situation. Be sure to tell your daughter how much you like her costume, then she will love it even more.

Other experts say that it is necessary to wear a swimsuit when the girl begins to be shy. Given the above, it happens sometime after three years. So it all fits.

Although no one forbids from infancy to wear a full swimsuit. That's acceptable, too. As long as the girl was comfortable, the straps were not stung or rubbed. Plus, it also serves as an additional protection from sunlight.

Sometimes children begin to be shy only at 5 or even 7 years and ask to wear a swimsuit. In principle, this is still an acceptable age. It is important to explain correctly and in time that there are certain standards of decency that we must observe in society. And one of those rules is to wear a swimsuit, whether we like it or not.

Some mothers begin to argue that the baby in a swimsuit is hot and uncomfortable. It could be. But there is only one way out - high-quality breathing swimsuits made of good fabric.

The choice is good now, you can find something decent, not the first one. Don’t like the top of a swimsuit that sometimes looks out of place on babies? There are excellent options for whole swimsuits.

In general, as soon as the baby begins to walk, you can safely wear a swimsuit. So the child will quickly get used to that swimsuit still need to wear. And it is very stylish and beautiful, now there are amazing models of swimsuits for girls.

Agree, it is better to teach the child to swimsuit early. After all, adult girls, almost adolescence, without the top of a swimsuit on the beach look quite strange.

It's ultimately up to the parents. And the main factors here are the comfort and safety of your child, not public opinion. So think about it, dear parents. Also share your opinion on this in the comments. When is it time to wear a swimsuit?

We also recently talked about the age at which it is recommended to take a child to the sea.

And be sure to read what to do if you get burns in the sun, and how to treat them.

Learn how to protect yourself from the heat this summer.

Tags

See also

New and interesting