The return of Isabella Rossellini: don't be ashamed of age

Isabella Rossellini 63 years. And she returned to the advertising business. Unexpectedly, right?

The older generation will remember a shop with an exotic name "Golden rose" opened in Moscow, almost on the red square, in the late eighties — they sold cosmetics and perfumes Lancome, Isabella was the face of the brand. Well, a younger generation she probably remembered for the cult film David Lynch "Blue velvet".

Rossellini came to is in 28 years, giving a huge number of women of hope — not yet! She was like "obscure object of desire", the embodiment of feminine beauty, almost perfect. In her face there was no depravity, no flaws or oddities, so characteristic of models today.

Almost 14 years Isabella was the face of Lancome — advertised cosmetics and skincare. When she turned 40, she suddenly broke the contract – "first aging signs". The actress recalls that last year Lancome sent her so many flowers that she sensed something was wrong, "it's like I'm dead".

But times have changed – today, L'oreal collaborates with Jane Fonda, Julianne Moore, Helen Mirren Actresses in age. Jane Fonda wrote a wonderful book about life after 50 — it is love, health, slim figure, sex, laughter, wisdom. Research, tips on nutrition and fitness, personal experience of overcoming.

"When you really sink into old age and not expect it by looking from the outside, fear subsides, writes Jane Fonda. — It turns out that you still remain yourself — maybe even more so than before."

Isabella Rossellini holds a similar view on aging: "Age is not a shame that you want to hide, and the advantage, or at least the natural course of events. Why should I be grateful when people tell me that I look younger than my age? I want to look your age".

She was tired of being the object of desire of men and now wants to play by the rules — a woman 60+, certainly have earned that right. And Yes, she's happy returned to the family Lancome and no hard feelings and painful memories!

In his book "Paint. History of makeup" Lisa Eldridge, the famous stylist and video blogger, and now creative Director of Lancome, which had a hand in the return of Isabella, devoted a whole Chapter to what was advertising up to 60 years.

Boggles the mind — the tone of advertising is frankly insulting, cuts to the quick, dismissive. For example, advertising, Palmolive, 1921: "And did your husband marry you again?" The picture shows a gorgeous, sad woman in full dress, with a sad guilty expression on his face ("I'm not good enough") and male — arrogant, smug, a measure ("to Stay or to find another?").

Another example is the cosmetics of Helena Rubinstein: "Not all women can compete in beauty with Helen of Troy, but with the proper care, any — if it is not strongly deformed, has the full right to count on clear skin and a significant improvement in the appearance of the teeth and hands." "The beauty of the face, maybe enough to conquer a man, but to keep it in our age of competition, requires much more." And stuff like that.

Honestly, if not for the second wave of feminism in the seventies – it is not known what would become of us, women, it was.

Did you know that in 1912, when passed March for voting right of women equally with men in new York, participating in protest all as one came in red lipstick – that was a sight! Bravo!

A few years ago came to Moscow a French writer Beigbeder. In one of his interviews he admitted that he feels happy, because he was born a man and can afford to be fat, ugly and have wrinkles. A woman in the modern world has no right to natural biological processes – maturation and aging.

Beigbeder sure to blame women themselves — including the chief editor of glossy magazines. They put it on the cover of 16-18 year old Hotties taking it in the circulation to thirty years. This they imposed on our minds the ideal image of a slender, androgynous beings with blurred anorexic look.

It seems that since his arrival, little has changed. And still there — albeit slowly, but the situation is changing. A good example advertising. Yes, we hate male chauvinism, sexism, beauty with young persons, advertising creams for aging skin. But let's be real — you and say "You deserve it!" the slogan of L'oreal or "All in awe of you!" — slogan Meybelline.

Author: Olga Golovin

Also interesting: the Fourth age. As is the case with the French

5 movies that age is no obstacle to anything

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: smart-cookie.ru/beauty/vozvrashhenie-izabelly-rossellini-xvatit-styditsya-vozrasta/

Tags

See also

New and interesting