How to celebrate pancake week in Ukraine?

In Ukraine the last week before lent wore several names — Carnival Sarapulka Week, keeping out the Legs starting fast, kolody, etc. It was turning counter Monday wide Thursday and ending Sunday. The main dish of Maslenitsa was dumplings homemade cheese, which is sprinkled with sour cream.

I also cooked pancakes, buckwheat, and filled them with lard and ate during the week. This holiday was female, but participation in it was also taken by the men, but had to stock up on vodka and money. Women loved to visit, together, they visited the tavern on Monday, on Tuesday there did make all manner of fun, and Wednesday was called "Snoby Baba".
Five million four hundred sixty five thousand seven hundred ninety two

Thursday toasts, were driven to the calves, and never in the day is not spun. On Friday were treated to a mother-in-law, sons-in-law came for a delicious dinner to the mother of his wife, and they dined together. The last day of carnival — Seropostive Sunday, or it is also called Black Sunday, the neighbors and relatives of each other went around and asked each other forgiveness for what was said or done wrongs. Therefore, according to the folklore it was believed that this day should be the day of judgment, so everyone hurried to accept. And said, "Sorry," bowing low, addressed neighbor to neighbor.- God will forgive you, ' replied the host or hostess. And suddenly I'm sorry!- God will forgive ... And third, I'm sorry!- God will forgive. After that, people were kissing, so the injustice is lost in sin.

On the last day on Sunday, it was performed the rite of the "pulling teeth", ochiali their cheese that is so delicious eaten in the dumplings during the festival. And girls in this period were wondering, throwing a bone, if she reaches the gate, the girl this year will get married.

Source: /users/147

Tags

See also

New and interesting