9 books for summer reading

Just a few days officially will come the most awaited and everyone's favorite time of year — summer. Summer life is (or seems) easier and carefree. Gossip girl offers a selection of the best books for summer reading:

Eighty five million one hundred sixty five thousand six hundred seventeen

1. "Fiesta (the sun also rises)", Ernest Hemingway (The Sun Also Rises, Ernest Hemingway) "Don't be downhearted. Never be downhearted. The secret of my success. Never fall spirit. Never lose courage in people." The first major novel by Hemingway, published in 1926, is a chronicle of the life of a "lost generation" of France and Spain against the background of drunkenness, debauchery and bullfighting, the symbol of the Roman struggle, in a sense, even the opposition of life and death. Paris during the First world war, wine, witty conversations, Fiesta and scorching sun of Pamplona — all in work of one of the greatest American classics of the twentieth century. Are you going to travel to Europe this summer? Now you know which book to take with you.

Forty five million four hundred fifty thousand four hundred sixty four

2. "Girl of twenty", Kingsley AMIS (Girl, 20, Kingsley Amis) "What a shame: the more interesting question, the obvious that to ask it is impossible". Kingsley AMIS wrote a story about infidelity, destructive selfishness, and blatant stupidity and managed to make it incredibly funny. In the center of the story, the conductor who in an attempt to awaken the lust for life is embroiled in an affair with the girl right under him. You can imagine how many problems he will face. The narrator, a cynical music critic, so brilliantly makes fun of the conductor's life, even the seemingly trivial things in the book are presented with irony. Along with romanm Kingsley AMIS time in the summer would pass quickly, wherever you are.

Eighty one million three hundred thirteen thousand five hundred seventy five

3. "In search of lost time", Marcel Proust (In Search of Lost Time, Marcel Proust) "They say that beauty is the key to happiness. And maybe the opposite: the possibility of enjoyment is the beginning of beauty." The title itself is already intriguing, right? In the works of Marcel Proust in love from the first page. Cycle of seven novels undoubtedly will change your idea of literature: it is still called the most beautiful work on human consciousness. If you have to spend the summer outside the city, away from the big city and the charms of civilization, this work, comprising approximately three thousand two hundred pages, about one and a half million words and more than two thousand characters will not get bored.

4. "How it was", Julian Barnes (Talking It Over, Julian Barnes)

"If you ask me — and I've had time to think about it, love, or what people mean by this, there is a certain system when you after sex is called "honey." "How it was" — the sixth novel of Julian Barnes. The writer has repeatedly been criticized for his works, even written about him: "He's too smart for your own peace of mind". "How it was" like playing with known to all of us asking: what's real, what's not and who's in charge. Look for the answers the reader will be with three characters of the book. The story is incredibly dynamic: it moves, she's having fun in some moments like upset and depressed. Going to one of the hot months in new York? Then stock up on a drink from Starbucks, throw in a bag of any of the novels of Barnes — and straight to Central Park to relax body and soul. Eighty nine million nine hundred fifty thousand eight hundred ten

5. "Above the rafters, carpenters", Jerome D. Salinger (Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters, J. D. Salinger)

"Lord, if I'm really some kind of a clinical case, then perhaps I'm paranoid Vice versa. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy." Casual story, written by Jerome D. Salinger. The action takes place in a sweltering summer day in Manhattan, several hours later, after the failed marriage of one of the family members. In the book there are hints and assumptions, it is filled with fragments from the life of the protagonist, but many issues remain open for the reader. As wrote Paul Auster "new York trilogy", "the main and important does not speak for itself." And Salinger brilliantly showed this in his novel. If you have short holidays with friends, "Above the rafters, carpenters" is your perfect book. Fifty three million eight hundred thirty thousand six hundred eighty eight

6. "The line of beauty," Alan Hollinghurst (The Line of Beauty, Alan Hollinghurst)

"That's what it means to be an adult to deal with those who are pleasant, and those who are useful." The summer of 1983. Twenty year old gay named Nick Guest comes to the house Faddeev in Notting hill. In the court boom of the eighties, and Nick, an innocent in the world of politics and money, finds that his life changes under the influence of a rich family. Emotional and provocative, this British bestseller, in time to join the ranks of modern classics, perfect for reading cool summer evenings on the shores of lake Geneva or in his homeland, for tea in one cozy cafe in Central London. Twenty three million eight hundred twenty nine thousand four hundred thirty nine

7. "You changed my life," Abdel sellou (You changed my Life, Abdel Sellou)

"It changed my life. And I did not. Or very much. The movie glossed over everything that the spectator was easier to dive into dreams."Wonderful and compelling book for those who watched the movie "1+1". It is more life and less syrupy than the movie. Its sweet obvious coincidences or horrific mismatches. She's feisty, sassy as its author, he is also the film's protagonist, Idriss. I must say that Abdel Idriss trying to push into the background, and the first to produce his boss, the ward, and then and friend Philippe. The book clarifies many of the points that is left unsaid in the film. Book, or life – authentic. There is not need to justify life itself is explain. Abdel captures events, it may be stretching the truth, but not muddles. For effect, add here, subtract there. Offers concise, vivid, short. Many observations of immigrant-thieves-unemployed, become a decent human being, thanks to a paralyzed millionaire.

Twenty two million seven hundred two thousand four hundred forty one

8. "The Forsyte Saga" by John Galsworthy (The Forsyte Saga, John Galsworthy) "No compromise, no hesitation — not to wander through life wondering what is its meaning and whether it is necessary to exist — no, just to live in order to live!"The famous trilogy of Nobel prize-winning author Chronicles the lives of three generations of a family of the upper middle class, obsessed with money and luxury. "The Forsyte Saga" was a huge influence on the views of Americans and Europeans of the Victorian era and still remains a valuable contribution to literary art. If you want to relax and plunge into a fascinating family history filled with love, hate, misery and secrets, without delay, start reading "the Forsyte Saga". Take the novel on a cruise to the Bahamas or a trip to North Africa.

One million seven hundred twenty one thousand one hundred eighty four

9. "Flowers for Algernon", Daniel Keyes (Flowers for Algernon, Daniel Keyes) "All barriers collapsed. I unwound thread, which gave me Alice, out of the maze and was waiting for me SHE. I love her."The main character of the story, feeble-minded Charlie is 37 years old, he works sweeping the floor at a company that produces packaging. Scientists have proposed Charlie to participate in the experiment which was already conducted on a mouse named Algeron. The experiment consisted mainly of brain surgery that gets rid of dementia. Charlie himself wanted to become smarter so he agrees to the operation. After surgery, his ability as Angerona, began to develop rapidly, but after a while there comes a regression, and mental level Charlie is sharply reduced to its original state and below. But Charlie is not going to put up with it, he promises himself to try to be smart.

Source: /users/1081

Tags

See also

New and interesting