Simple, bright and a variety of asters, they bloom in the flowerbeds in anticipation of autumn. These hardy and showy flowers annually grown in many gardens in our country. Since the plant does not require special conditions for germination, can be sown directly into open ground. So, asters: growing from seed directly in the garden.Site selection and soil preparation
For planting asters suitable site which is well lit by the sun, with nutrient-drained soil. Best predecessors asters are marigolds and marigolds, but in places where last year grew gladioli and nightshade, sow these plants are undesirable because they are affected by the same disease.
Soil for future planting asters to better prepare in the autumn. At this time, it is necessary to dig, making before that 2-4 kg of manure or compost per 1 sq. m. in the Spring work in secondary digging of the site, at the same time on each square meter of adding superphosphate (20-40 g) and 15-20 g of potassium salt and of ammonium sulfate. Immediately before planting weed the area, loosen the soil to a depth of 4-6 cm and moisturize. But such preparation for planting Aster outdoors it is relevant with spring planting, while the flowers can be sown in autumn and even snow.How to plant Aster seeds at different times of the year
To understand how to grow asters from seed nonseedlings way, you must also decide when to plant them in the ground.
1. Planting asters for the winter
In the Central regions of Russia autumn sowing asters carried out from 10 to 20 November. In this case the grooves with a depth of 2 cm is harvested in advance. Seeds are sown in furrows, the top layer of soil which had already frozen, so that the seed will not germinate even with the onset of warm days. One meter range, it is desirable to distribute about 80 seeds (tuck at a distance of 1-2 cm). Since the land is already frozen, seal grooves will not work, because the crops are mulched. For this purpose, well weathered peat, peat compost or humus that is stored indoors to prevent them from freezing. The thickness of the mulch layer 2-2. 5 cm, band width is 5.5-6 cm Laying mulch ribbon rather than a solid carpet on the site, will allow with the onset of spring to produce the loosening between rows before emergence.
2. How to plant Aster seeds in winter
Planting asters in the winter in the Central latitudes of the country's best produce in December and January in advance of harvested areas. When the layer of snow reaches 10-15 cm, and seeds of asters are sown directly on the surface. With less snow cover seeds during the thaw can be washed off with water. Top crops harvested mulch with peat compost or humus.
In the spring, when the snow begins to melt, at this site the seeds are not washed with water. In addition, the site thaws earlier, thanks to a layer of mulch. Winter crops with the onset of heat fall into the most favorable conditions, because the soil moisture is sufficient and reduces the chance of overheating.
3. Planting asters in the open ground in spring
The timing of planting Aster seeds in the spring vary depending on the climatic characteristics of the region. In southern areas with light soils sowing can be made after April 15. And in the Central part of the country, where the soil is often loamy and heavier, the procedure is more suitable for the beginning of may.
As soon as the soil is ripe for planting plants, you are ready to this simple but critical procedure. Moreover, the plot for it was already prepared in the fall.
If you are going to grow Aster Chinese nonseedlings way, you should know a few nuances:
First, the seeds of asters in the ground sown only in dry form. Of course, they can advance treated with potassium permanganate or with a fungicide, as seedlings asters, but it should be done in advance to directly to the seeding, they had to dry. Should not germinate the seed before planting, since the onset time of cold weather, it can die, while dry seed just later will begin to germinate.
Secondly, despite the fact that the plants that originally grow in the open air, bloom later than pre-sown seedlings, they are more powerful and more resistant to cold, drought and diseases, in particular Fusarium.Technology planting the asters in the open ground
When planning how to grow asters from seed, you need to pay attention to how to plant the seeds of these plants in the ground. In the prepared soil, make furrows, depth of 0,5-2 cm distance between the grooves, it is desirable to maintain not less than 10-15 cm, which is necessary for easy plant care. Seeds are sown at a distance of 1-2 cm from each other. Then furrows are watered with watering through a fine nozzle and sprinkle garden soil or mulch (e.g., humus) layer of about 0,5-0,8 cm
Under favorable conditions seedlings emerge in 10-12 days. When sufficient moisture additional watering during this period is not required but during drought the crops can be watered 1-2 times using a small amount of water. For better moisture retention in this case, the mulch layer is increased to 1-1. 5 cm or use a covering material. By the way, sometimes growers initially after landing Harbor ridge film which is removed immediately after germination and used at first to protect small asters from the cold.The care of crops of asters
Astra is an annual, grown from seed in open ground, does not require special care. The main agronomic techniques aimed at ensuring decent conditions for growth, are thinning, hoeing and weeding, watering and fertilizing fertilizers.
1. Thinning. This procedure is often carried out in 2-3 stages with an interval of 3-4 weeks. First remove excess seedlings from the row at the stage of two true leaves, progresiva them through one. In the end, the last of the thinning distance between plants should be at least 10-15 cm taking into account the loss of seedlings. The final planting scheme for different varieties of asters may vary. For example, Astra "Pinocchio" refers to low-growing varieties with compact bushes, because the distance between them can reach 20 cm (especially landing in the fascia). But Aster pompon and peony – medium to tall, so they grow at an estimated scheme 20×30 cm., Often information about the optimal planting scheme for a particular grade can be found on the packaging of seed. The seedlings removed during weeding, it is better not to pull out and carefully dig up and transplant to another location.
2. Hoeing and weeding is required to ensure the young plants sufficient quantities of space and air access to the roots. Do they need to be regularly after irrigation and rainfall. The deep loosening soil between the rows — not more than 5-7 cm and a radius of 2-3 cm around the plant the soil do not touch, so as not to damage the roots.
3. Beautiful lush blossoms and long blooming will be provided with timely watering. At the stage of growth the seedlings should be watered as drying of the soil, preventing its long-term drying and excessive moisture.
4. Feeding. When a sufficient density of the soil or good refilling it before planting, asters do without fertilizing. But further application of mineral fertilizers during growth will have a positive effect. Often fertilizing seedlings grown in soil held in the same phases of development as seedlings. In the "young" age asters are enough to feed one time two weeks after thinning. For this purpose, the composition of ammonium nitrate (20-25 g), superphosphate (50-60 g) and potassium sulfate (10-15 g) from the calculation of 1 sq. m. the Use of organic matter, particularly fresh manure is not desirable because it increases the risk of plant diseases fungal diseases. In dry weather, before feeding and after it freezes it needs to be watered.
In addition, prior to the branching of a Bush, the plant is recommended to Spud the height of 5-7 cm, which will contribute to the development of the root system.
In the presence of basic care asters, grown from seed which is not a difficult task in the summer will give you the runaround lush and enchanting colors.published