No more empty days

We search the net for interesting texts, and the best of them to share with you. Sometimes a revelation can be found in an unexpected place. This is the answer to the question, the meaning of which boils down to "I'm so unhappy, what should I do with my life?"posed on the social news site reddit. User under the name ryans01 gave dizzy a wonderful guide to action. Begin following these tips right now.

It seems that you have fallen on hard times. I myself went through this, and you know what you're talking about. I also could not get out of this vortex of a combination of self-doubt, frustration and self-loathing. If you don't mind, let you something to tell.

Want — read it now and like it — re-read again later. But, honestly, I spent a lot of time to type you all this, and if you don't let my sparks to ignite your fire, well, it will mean that you have failed both of us. Not that you had to read it. You do not owe anything to anybody. But you have the right to choose.

Eighty five million four hundred five thousand eight hundred sixty three

Who am I? My name is Ryan and I live in Canada. Recently moved to a new city for a dream job that you got because I followed the rules, which I quote below. But in many ways I owe my success to people much cooler and kinder than me, great people with a big heart. When I get the chance to do something to help someone else, it's my way to thank them.

Rule # 1: No more empty days What is a day? A blank day is when you have never done anything to get closer to your dream or goal, or what have you. All that's done. I'm not saying that you need every day to give out essay, the idea is not. I'm trying to say is that you have to convince yourself to promise yourself that the new system where you'll live — this system is no empty days.

Haven't done a thing for the whole damn day, but the clock is already 23:58? Write one sentence. Do one pushup. Read one page. One. Because one is not zero. If you swallowed a storm of frustration, that your habits do not allow it to subside, your habitual behavior. Become the greatest Lord of the productivity in the Universe is impossible until you smell like a whirlpool. This happens only after a long series of very empty days. That's rule number one. Not forget.

Rule # 2. Be thankful to the three I Uh, what? Three I? Sounds like bullshit, right? Breaking news, man: you've got three Ya Past you, present you and future you. If you want to love and be loved, you have to first learn to love himself, and without these three I here in any way.

Past I be thankful for all the good you've done. Conversely, do a favor to the future I, as the most dear friend. Bad mood? Stop for a minute and remember what a good decision that I made yesterday. Salad and tuna instead of big Mac? Thank you, past Me! Yesterday was not an empty day because you wrote 200 words? Thank you, past Me! Have saved some money to buy that cool thing that you wanted? Thank You! Further, for my future I need to do constant favors like best friend (I think you don't have a best friend?

Yeah, right now. At least two — past and future me).

Tired as a dog and can not come off from the Internet? Fuck you nafig, the current I, for the sake of his future I'm the next 17 minutes, I'm going to download the press according to the scheme of P90X Ab Ripper X. All for you, the future Ya the Alarm went out, and the bed too comfortable? Fuck you the fuck me now, I will now make something for my best friend, the future Me, and run 5 km (or 25 meters — just not zero). Don't forget to say "thank you" to his old I'm late for Carduus that made your life better.

The cycle in which you do something for someone (future I) and thank someone for all the good (last I) — the key to satisfaction and productivity. I know whereof I speak. And over time you should spread the gratitude to other people who helped you on the way.

Rule # 3. Forgive yourself I'm serious. Maybe you have all the know-how, money, ability, strength and talent to do what you want. But, say for some reason you still haven't. And now I hate myself for not doing what you want, and that you yourself are not who I want to be. Hey, chin up, Champ: the disappointment in yourself only reduces productivity. Of bent over backwards to yesterday was not an empty day, but did not work? The hell with him. I forgive you, past me. I forgive you. But what about today? Oh, today will be a masterpiece. I will do everything in my power for my future Ya This is for you, the future Ya In General, forgiveness! Use it. "I forgive you". Say it out loud.

Rule # 4. Exercise and books That's all. Pretty standard advice. But if you exercise daily and really become smarter. When you train, you get a high from endorphins (thanks body). When you train, you clear your mind. When you train, you make your future, I a huge favor. Exercise is one of the three legs of the stool, you know what I mean?

As for books, almost every thing you ever thought, what you ever felt, felt, wanted, tried to understand, have already figured out by someone else. Read "the Seven habits of highly effective people". Read "Emotional intelligence. Why it can matter more than IQ". Read "good to great". Read "Think slowly... decide fast." Read books that will help you understand this. Read about the training with their own weight and put them in my charger. Reading is like a magic whistle from Super Mario 3. It will send you to the next level, only much faster.

Your mission is no zero-days, forgiveness, and favor to your future of Ya after 24 minutes have to pass 36 articles, and to postpone it will not work? Yeah, last I failed you this time, but Hey... "I forgive you." Do for those 24 minutes, how much time and move on.

Summary: Not empty days as possible. Three I think gratitude and favours. Forgiveness. Exercises and books. Bonus: how to turn empty days in empty not days In General, it's a simple truth, but it is difficult to fully understand and apply in practice. You are what you think. This does not mean that if I think about the tree, in the spring I would climb the leaves. This means that how you think, what you think, and ideas that you hold in your mind determine what you call yourself. You all later and any problem can cause fear and anxiety? You're a procrastinator. You can't stop thinking about how much you want to participate in the race for 5 km this spring and come first? You think about it constantly? This determines your actions and influence on decisions? If so, then you have become a champion, whom you see in dreams. Dream — it is action. Think about it — and it would happen. But do not forget that action is the child of thought. Thought without action is nothing. Have faith in something that is targeting his mind. Have faith and act consistently.

OK, it's a bunch of nice words and all, but how does that help me turn slightly empty days in empty?

Do you believe all these words that I just read? Do you see the meaning in the words, "you become what you think"? Ask yourself: what am I thinking? For example, when you get home and walk in the door (how fast you turn on the laptop? The fact that you turned it on, made you closer to your dream? What would have done?). At bus stops. At lunchtime. What you focus your intention? If you're like me a few years ago, the answer would either be "nothing specific", or "that caught my eye in the first moment." But don't worry, forgive yourself for it.

Now you know the truth. This means that you can analyze your habits, read books on how people think and act and finally start to slowly change their behavior. Here's an example: I Feel sick, because it was a few empty or nearly empty days? Think about what you're doing, and change a little bit. In any positive direction.  published 

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! © Join us at Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: insider.pro/EN/article/51124/

Tags

See also

New and interesting