Airbus offered to put passengers on planes above each other

How humorists see optimization of passengers / The Onion i>

Swiftly the impoverished airlines do not know how else to squeeze some money out of them unfavorable to fly. European giant Airbus, it seems, came up: in the patent application filed by German engineers in the US Patent Office in October, he предлагает passenger cabin to put on the head of each other .

As planned by the company, tightly raspihat passengers can be in business class - the average number of ordinary seats will alternate with raised higher, which will have to climb the stairs. This creates a defective second floor, which will house the passengers between the passengers' first floor ».

This design will allow better use of semicircular cross-section of the passenger cabin of the aircraft. It is provided and the system by which business class passengers will be able to rest and lay in a horizontal position.

Seats can be arranged "Christmas tree" in order to view the passenger "bottom" does not stick his right in the passenger seat "from above". In any case, in the preparation of the patent engineers took into account that such an arrangement of seats can be, in their opinion, be successfully applied not only in aircraft but also trains with buses.

By what percentage will increase the capacity of the aircraft, is not specified in the patent.

Airlines are constantly trying to increase their profits by reducing the convenience of passengers. This is achieved in various ways, from the banal to increase the number of rows of seats, to their original ways of arrangement, such as "staggered" about which I have written . Not far off the day when passengers will be just off using tranquilizers and transported in piles - saving on food and the space available.

Business class by the standards of the future / film "The Fifth Element i>

Source: geektimes.ru/post/263528/

Tags

See also

New and interesting