Column Lukicheva: Red Bull finished off marketing

The site is launching a new project - the author's column editor Xenia Lukicheva. Value judgments, personal opinion and thoughts on a given topic. We start with a jump Red Bull.14 October Red Bull completed a project superambitsiozny Stratos. Austrian skydiver Felix Baumgartner jumped from a height of 39,045 meters and landed in New Mexico, breaking the sound barrier on the way and setting three new world records.

None of the brand has never done or even tried to do anything like that. The site could not stay away from the grand promotions in the history of advertising. Xenia Lukicheva shares his thoughts and emotions in the first issue of his new column, which is now, as we hope, will continue to go on Wednesdays.

You see, what a thing. Red Bull is now 39 kilometers above the brands. Both literally and figuratively. And I do not know who, when and what will now be able to surpass the achievement of the Austrian energodrinka.

Airlines do not count, every day they fly to 11 km altitude, but it is their job such that brings them money, but it does not bring any profit communication.

Red Bull is in its support for extreme sports and crazy acts not only reached the top. This is the excuse, absolute some turns.

The head climbs Association of the first order, which this week often can be found on Twitter and comments on the post about the jump from the edge of space: "It's a small step for man, one giant step for marketing." Yeah, step to the next world.

More than eight million people started on their computers and tablets live broadcast Felix Baumgartner jumps from the edge of space. On the screens of most of these devices are also looked from one to a dozen sympathizers and empathize. We looked at will - this is important. Not because "watching the video, find the 25 frame, win a prize", not because of that advertising has nowhere to go, so that Red Bull has done something really interesting for people. Important need bold and interesting.

The philosophy of the brand marketing efforts can be formulated as a "support person wants to extend the edge of the possible, to go beyond their own limits." And he, too, went out - beyond the marketing, advertising and branding.

Five years of preparation, 9 minutes of flight, 1342 kilometers per hour, billions of free-media, millions of queries in search engines, eternal glory to the heroes.

For example, only one picture of Felix made immediately after landing and page layout Red Bull on facebook, received more than 500,000 likes, 70,000 and 15,000 Census of comments and the number of subscribers increased to 32.5 million.

Red Bull announced the launch of the program Red Bull Stratos in early 2010, after three years have already passed the training. The moment that I remember very well, I wrote about the launch of the news, looking first promo video about the history of Joe Kittinger, his record and intentions Felix Baumgartner and Red Bull, covered with goose bumps on the scale of plan and some completely unfathomable arrogance and audacity of the brand. < br />
Two and a half years, I occasionally watched what was happening with the Stratos, and wondered communicative openness. In the past year they have something went very wrong, and they cheerfully admitted this: "Guys, we have difficulties, the project is suspended, but we'll come back." And came back. In order to prove that marketing is dead, there were some emotions. And they now have a new marketing.

Baumgartner's jump, a new and much more positive Iron Felix, the most expensive, longest and steepest in the history of the promotional campaign, which also has very serious implications for humanity, for the development of space programs. Even twenty Cannes Grand Prix will not give an adequate assessment of the project Red Bull Stratos, and hardly anyone will do in this case (as it is at all possible ?!) and a fool on sabmisheny. Not the scale already, you know.

Not every brand is able to send a guy into space, so he jumped out to the glory of the progress of humanity and Red Bull, but each brand is able to do something interesting and not put in the first place only to make a profit ("Doctor, give me a pill from greed ! And more, more !! "). To earn respect, to establish a strong relationship for many years, and therefore guarantee a much-needed income.

I have always felt for Red Bull and Dietrich Mateschitz its founder inhuman respect for the tenacity, stubbornness and assistance to people involved in its extreme case. Now, however, the respect has reached cosmic heights, pardon the pun. Do not tell me that you do not move inside when you watched the live broadcast on Sunday and posted a video on YouTube the next day.

This awkward moment when you realize that the energy space program is better than that of your country. em>

Xenia Lukicheva

Website

Also read: The extreme nature of the brand Red Bull

Skydiver Red Bull made the jump from the stratosphere

via www.adme.ru/creativity/parashyutist-red-bull-sovershil-pryzhok-iz-stratosfery-426005/

Tags

See also

New and interesting