Chinese eco-heroes: the blind and armless each jailed for 10 years, 10 000 trees

Strong lyudiTszya Haiksa and Jia Wenqi - the most outstanding pair of ecologists that we have ever encountered. One of them was blind and the other amputated upper limbs. Nevertheless, they were able to use their remaining symbiotically features and plant more than 10,000 trees in the last decade.

Haiksa Wenqi and started their partnership when they could not get a job because of disability. They have become the eyes and hands of each other and took on the task of converting the three acres of land near the river in the vicinity of his native village Yeli, Hebei province in northern China.

"I - his arm - said Haiksa - he - my eyes. We are good partners. " He was born with congenital cataracts and was blind in his left eye. In 2000, he completely lost his sight after an accident. Wenqi lost both arms in an accident when he was only three years old.

They met in 2001, when none of them could find a job. Although the outlook appeared to be sad, they had to find a way to earn a living. "One day my son came home and said," Daddy, I felt the smell of orange when another child was cleaning it, and it seemed to me that I myself tried it, "- says Haiksa - and I felt a sense of burning shame for my son could not even taste the taste of an orange! It awakened in me the desire to live. I had to live for him. I had to work hard and focus on making money ».

They hatched a plan - to combine their skills and to plant trees, which could help them make money and at the same time have a positive impact on future generations. For this purpose, a pair of rented from local authorities to a large area of ​​the river. Given their poor living and material conditions, the village authorities decided to exempt them from rent.

Every day Haiksa and Wenqi leave their homes at 7 am, armed with a hammer and an iron bar. Wenqi bears his blind companion through the fast river to the place of their work. Since they do not have money to buy seedlings, they have to manually collect the cuttings, which, because of their disability, are not so easy.

Under the guidance of his armless companion Haiksa slowly collects cuttings. Then he digs a hole in the ground and planting a plant. Wenqi takes care of watering seedlings. All this, naturally, is very slow, but the duo engaged in this work for many years, and they were able to plant 10,000 trees - much more than most normal people put in all my life. And they do not plan to stop his work.

"Although in this decade we have achieved is not so much, but we will make every effort to do more," - says Haiksa. "We stand firmly on their feet - adds Wenqi - sweet fruits of our labor. While we nibbled cakes, but in our hearts at peace ».

via www.odditycentral.com/news/chinas-eco-heroes-blind-man-and-friend-with-no-arms-plant-10000-trees-in-10-years.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting