Sir Christopher Lee is the only actors from "The Lord of the Rings" who personally met with Tolkien

Impressions witness to meet with the legendary professor

trilogy "The Lord of the Rings" is the most famous fantasy series ever written. This trilogy was reinvigorated in 2001, when the adaptation of the first book, made by Peter Jackson, came to the big screen. Unfortunately, Tolkien was not destined to see how his work is transformed into a series of epic films. In fact, only one person employed in the film, personally met with him.

That man was Sir Christopher Lee, the actor who played Saruman. Being a big fan of the books of Professor (and he reads them at least once a year), Lee was a bit taken aback when this meeting took place. He talks about his experiences as:

«We sat and talked and drank beer when someone said: Oh, look who has come! It was Professor Tolkien, and I almost fell off my chair. I had no idea that he was still alive. Tolkien was a very agreeable man, and smoked his famous pipe. And he was a genius, a man of incredible intellectual capacity. He knew someone in our group, and the man exclaimed: Oh, Professor ... And Tolkien came to us. And each one of our group asked him: How do you do it? And I could say only: Ka ... How ... How ... ».

blockquote> Of course, when Lee heard about films, he decided to become part of them. He saw himself in the role of Gandalf, and when I learned that Peter Jackson is going to adapt the legendary trilogy, immediately called my agent. Although the actor did not get a coveted role, it still were incredibly thrilling, as he had a chance to be a part of what he has always been fascinated by.

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting