Artist printed the wrong pictures of Instagram and sold them for $ 90 & nbsp; 000 at the exhibition

Artist and photographer Richard Prince устроил exhibition of his work under the patronage of contemporary art magazine frieze in one of the largest showrooms in New York. His work has been appreciated by the visitors, and quickly sold out. The cost of one operation was $ 90 000. And this would not be surprising if these works were not just printed on an inkjet printer out of other people's posts Instagram.

Contemporary art sometimes takes strange forms. Here and Richard Prince decided not to resort to the classic paints and canvases, just choose your favorite Instagram photos from his different people and printed them in a two-meter posters. Some of the photos have been processed in Photoshop. This is mainly pictures of attractive girls.

Artist Larry sheltered Gagosyan, art dealer and owner of a large international network of contemporary art galleries Gagosian Gallery. He spotted the Prince when he was exposed in the room is adjacent to a New York gallery Gagosyana.

Prince Exhibition entitled "New Portraits" has attracted a lot of attention and a lot of negative comments - from both visitors and by the people whose photos without permission, he exhibited in public.

However, Gagosyanu liked the project and decided to give him his full gallery in New York.

The hostess doedeere account in Instagram photographed "work" Prince with his photograph, and signed: "Yes, my portrait of the gallery exhibited in Frieze Gallery. Yes, it's just a picture, not the picture. No, I did not give its consent. Yes, it has already sold for $ 90K. No, I will not pursue it. Whom he got, I do not know ». I>

Prince has long been engaged in this "art" - from the 1970s, he photographed photos of another person (the covers of magazines, books, advertising), amends various degrees of severity, and then puts both his works. In 2008, the French photographer Patrick Carew sued the Prince tried to prevent him from using his picture, but lost. The court ruled that the work of the Prince was quite strongly transformed in order to be considered a separate work of art.

While no lawsuits about a new exhibition have been filed. License Agreement Instagram is structured in such a way that a photo posted on the resource can be used and even sold without the consent of their authors and notifications .

Source: geektimes.ru/post/251074/

Tags

See also

New and interesting