"Gigafabrik batteries» Tesla will be a few?

So it should look "Gigafabrika" 2020

Tesla Corporation holds significant hope for his "Gigafabriku batteries." Already in 2016, the company Elon Musk is going to produce batteries for electric Model S and Model X ... It is true that the full capacity will take place no earlier than in 2020.

Due to the large volume of battery production cost (especially for electric Tesla 3rd generation, Model 3) should be reduced by 30%. Accordingly, this electric model must be considerably cheaper Model S and Model X. Moreover, batteries are produced for installation in home storage system companies.

Elon Musk at the construction site i>

By 2020, Tesla plans to increase production capacity batteries at the factory to 35 GWh per year. According to some experts, it will double the production of Li-Ion batteries in the world by 2020.

Construction of the production is moving, the team of builders is very fast, and the plans that have been previously announced, are still in force - no problems. Unfortunately, a large amount of photos building there, but some managed to find a picture.

That's the construction site looked like in January i>

Control checkpoint i>

a relatively recent picture, the end of February this year, i>

Panoramic photo construction site (opens when you click the image of the original size) i>

At днях in one of his speeches Elon Musk described the production of which is now being built in Nevada, "Gigafabrikoy batteries №1». As far as we can understand, this means that after some time, will be built and other factories producing batteries. This is not necessarily that these projects will be implemented by Tesla. Elon Musk also said that the company will continue its policy of transparency, allowing their achievements to society, so that any company can use them for their own needs.

"In the future, we will need a lot gigafabrik. Many companies will implement similar projects on their own, "- said Musk.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/249924/

Tags

See also

New and interesting