NASA allowed SpaceX and Boeing to deliver astronauts to the ISS in 2017

With the subtitle "The Yankees say can shove his Russian Soyuz, and we will do it cheaper» появилась news plans to NASA. The agency expects that in 2017 the ships of the SpaceX Dragon and CST-100 from Boeing will be able to deliver astronauts to the ISS.

Ships Boeing and SpaceX completed the first stage of tests required for admission to transport astronauts. NASA Administrator Charles Bolden at a press conference devoted to the event, said: "I do not want to sign any check Roscosmos after 2017. If we could do it, I'll be happy. " NASA plans to send a fully commercial companies orbital issues and focus on the development of deep space.

In this case, the company should not compete with each other - NASA just wants to insure that space transportation could carry at least two different organizations. Cost O astronaut into orbit on their promises, will be about $ 58 million, while today Roscosmos evaluates its transportation services at $ 70 million.

Administrator Bolden also said that by 2024 it is planned to complete the work of the ISS, and by that time, you may receive something newer - for example, Bigelow Aerospace advance in the creation of inflatable space modules for astronauts and space tourists. The company has already successfully launched two test module into orbit.

CST-100 capsule capable of carrying four passengers and cargo, and the Dragon - seven passengers or five with the additional load. Both capsules should be reusable. However, for the implementation of rainbow plans to do a lot more. For example, only the Falcon 9 to the end of the tests need to be run for at least another 50 times.

I recall that in 2011, NASA had no manned spacecraft, and all astronauts into orbit Roskosmos. In 2014, the American company signed a contract for the purchase of engines NGOs "Energomash" in the amount of $ 1 billion. And just today there was news the possible construction of an alternative to the ISS with the BRICS countries.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/244910/

Tags

See also

New and interesting