Today is the birthday of the great popularizer of science Carl Sagan

November 9, 1934 born American astronomer, astrophysicist and prominent popularizer of science Carl Sagan.

He inspired a generation of boys and girls to study science. Renowned astrophysicist and popularizer of science Neil deGrasse Tyson, for example, told in his interview , as, being a boy, he was invitation from Carl Sagan visit his laboratory at Cornell University, which influenced his choice of profession. Under the cut a lot of videos.

I could write an article on the activities of Carl Sagan, but, fortunately, it did for me, so I recommend to read the article on wikipedia . I, in turn, wants to offer you a video translated and voiced our studio.

Series Carl Sagan (9 series)

Here are the few things that can be viewed on the Carl Sagan.

There is also a wonderful series «Космос: personal journey » in voice of Alice Lafox.

As a continuation of the series was filmed remake «Космос: Space and time », where already the leading Neil deGrasse Tyson.

I can not ignore the book by Carl Sagan, you just have to read them, I will highlight only the main:

"The Dragons of Eden: The arguments about the evolution of the human brain»
"Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space»
"A world full of demons. Science - like a candle in the darkness »
"Science in search of God»

This is the minimum list of books authored by Carl Sagan, who must read for anyone who is interested in science, philosophy and history of science.

On behalf of myself on behalf of our studio can only say: - "Thank you, Carl, for the inspiration!".

Source: geektimes.ru/company/vertdider/blog/241164/

Tags

See also

New and interesting