397 square meters for $ 25 million

There are places in New York, where to visit just will not work. And Plaza is one of them.
Brief historical background for you to understand what is at stake. Plaza is a hotel built in 1907 at the intersection of Fifth Avenue and 58th Street. And not just a hotel, and one of the most famous in New York. In the Plaza many famous people. For example, there lived four Beatles during their first visit to the US in 1964. The hotel you have probably seen in the movie "Home Alone 2". Macaulay Culkin Hero, Lost in New York, he lived it in the Plaza. In the hall he met the then-owner of the hotel - Donald Trump. But since changed and Macaulay Culkin, and the owner and the hotel itself.

In 2004 Tram divorced his wife and put his "Mona Lisa" (as he called Plaza) for sale. Over $ 675 million hotel acquired Israeli company El Ad Properties. In 2005 the Plaza was closed for reconstruction, and three years later it opened its doors forever ceased to be of the plaza, which was before. Now it's half hotel and half a prestigious residential building with 152 apartments. For hotel guests and apartment owners have arranged various inputs and since then get in his residential area is by invitation only some of the residents. Then lobby you will not be allowed.

In the photo the hotel entrance.
Could I miss the opportunity to go where you can not go? Of course not. Especially because in the program assumes a light buffet and viewing three apartments for sale include one penthouse with views of Central Park. This option is particularly interested me. But then things went awry. Open house (so-called process of the show apartments to potential buyers) with a buffet somehow canceled. As a result, we have shown only one apartment of 397 square meters and cost 25 million dollars. About her and the story.

Hall for permanent residents Plazas. There can not be photographed (immediately should shout from the concierge). Entrance to the apartment is behind me. It has a separate entrance from the lobby, though, and is on the second floor. To get to it, you must climb the long stairs or take the elevator to the personal.
In 2011, on the 12th floor of the Plaza for $ 48 million apartment bought myself Igor Cool. This information is immediately pops up as soon as you say that you are from Russia. Moreover, according to the manager, who led us, he does not live in it, and only stops during his visit to New York. I am always amazed at such things, especially looking at monthly expenses and taxes. Buy a course you can, but then contain ...

This lounge. The apartment is sold fully furnished. Although I then immediately the question: why do you need someone else's furniture, if you have a lot of money? I now no plan, no interior is not liked. And that even though 25 million I have.

This view of the 25 million dollars. To be frank, kind of so-so. Those who live in New York, represent, what's the noise outside the window.

Another view. Living large, but not huge.

It is made of a two-tier.

We must climb the stairs in the hallway and you will find yourself in the dining part.

View from above.

WC toilet. Just four and a half bathrooms. The one in the photo, just a half - no bath.

This bedroom. Total of three. Two apparently guest and one master. Frankly, strange layout.

Bed. By type and layout is more like a hotel room.

The view from the window. Went out this morning in shorts and surprised everyone. The window is also interesting is located.

Well you can not live on a busy street with a look out of the window. Over 25 million. Dollars so precisely.

A bathroom in the bedroom. The second room is almost the same, only slightly larger in size, and in the bathroom tub instead of a shower.

Corridor. In the distance at the bottom of the front door.

In the hallway, office equip. I do not understand why done three bedrooms, but at the same office in the hallway? Who do you have to be to live like this? Rent rooms to tourists?

The master bedroom.

Why are there so many sofas, I did not understand. For evening intimate conversations with his wife?

View from the bed. Soundproofing is made for five-plus, but still hear the street. How to sleep there, I do not really understand.

Master bathroom.

And the door to the dressing room.

This narrow room filled with shelves and cabinets.

Somewhere meets someone things. I did not understand: this is for demonstration, or is there someone lives.

Go back to the corridor and go into the kitchen.

The kitchen in the photo looks like nothing, but in the description of the agent she just perfection itself, but in fact it would be desirable to break and throw out (as well as everything else). The freshness of it not blowing, and indeed from the rest of the apartment, too. Ie all is not that killed, but obviously not new. Although, maybe it's a style - Scandinavian. But then it is not clear what 25 million plateau.

Even the kitchen has no windows, which makes the situation a little klaustrafobnosti. Begins to seem that you are in the hopper. Another funny that there are bins in the cabinets? and refrigerated foods, which once again confirmed my guess that the apartment someone lives.

And this is a wonderful room.

This baby. And once on four children. Windows there is also not provided. The atmosphere is reminiscent of both the prison and the submarine.

Yet there is little room with washing machine and dryer (clothes again hint), but it is unlikely to change the general attitude towards the apartment.

Floor plan
Additional information on this apartment.
Monthly payments:
$ 5500 - pay for the content (this is the house payment for utilities, maintenance of the house, common areas, Dorma, concierge and other services. In English it is called Common Charges.
$ 5 901- property tax
ie, just a month $ 11 401
Still, I was wondering how many agents earn on such a transaction.
Party Seller offers 2, 5% buyer's agent, seller's agent will likely also takes 2 to 5%. Ie the current owner of the apartment will pay the general fee of 5% or $ 1, 250, 000, which will be divided equally between the agents of the two parties.

Source: samsebeskazal.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting