Lark Way

- You are a night owl?
- Was once. Then he had to accustom themselves to function effectively at any time of the day. But love for this morning is optional. I did not like. Blockquote> Max Frye - "The key of the yellow metal» i>

This article - description of personal experience. Just want to say who will not be interested. Those who do not have a permanent job or other productive activities. Those who can spend 4 or more hours a day playing computer games, social. networks, and other time-killers and did not worry about it. Freelancers, for which night - the best time to work because minimal distractions. Most people who do not have children. And others do not bother speed the passage of time.
Who would like to share the experience: those who dream of excess hour in the day, and not for the sake of his sleep.

Preamble h4> I - pronounced "owl", as I can remember. In the case of holiday, New Year holidays, or any shocks emanating from the work schedule, I'm in a matter of 2-3 days switched to the mode in which I went to bed after breakfast. I love the night time and always regretted people- "doves", because they do not have these periods of tranquility, romance and even some magic. And I'm oppressed pervasive oriented "larks" mode. In short, imagine yourself waking up voluntarily before I felt normal for yourself bedtime, I could except as a joke.
About four years ago, after reading «Getting Things Done» David Allen and Steve Pavlina couple of articles, I was fascinated by the topic of optimization problems, and self-development came to the fore in the list of priorities in life. Bleeding awareness - the first means in personal growth. To a large extent there helped Aikido (and help develop awareness in training). And moved onto two insights. The first - the path of self-development and the creation of at least entertaining, interesting and romantic than self-destruct under the slogan "I'm not going to live forever." Second - according to their own habits and "characteristics of the organism" - just abdication of responsibility and an indicator of a weak will.
Since then, I have been actively working on new experiences, the absorption of new knowledge and seek opportunities instead of causes.

Preamble h4>

The situation at the beginning of the year: h6>

a new job and a new area of ​​activity (not that I did not sign it was, but not tightly engaged); eldest son, 3, 5 years old, the youngest - 6 months, and then the next year to leave the house with his wife at the same time we can only if the children also leave it with someone of us; also persuaded his wife to do Aikido - three nights a week dropped out of the category of "personal time»; himself was engaged in the other three days a week.

Year Goals: h6>

tighten English to conversational level (at the beginning of the year I, like probably the most IT people could read well and somehow write technical requests and to correspond level ICQ ); Learn to Play Guitar (with the help of «Rocksmith 2014" and Charvel DS2-ST Trans Black); Finally get the third kyu in aikido (for two years because of the missing fracture of the clavicle and two related transactions); learn how to draw a pencil.

Home h6> to set goals is easier than to fulfill them. Although I took up the matter with the appropriate level of persistence. Enrolled in English with the possibility of semi-free visits (he planning schedule of classes from available) carefully homework, replaced part of the film shows in the evening watching movies in English, and every day for an hour strumming the guitar, trying to hit the strings and frets fit. It soon became clear that human resistance to lack of sleep has its limits, and at the beginning of March, I fell for two days in a coma caused by overwork. The fact that the study at home anything that requires concentration, while the children do not sleep impossible. That is all of the above can be done only late at night, often after the same evening workouts.
First transgressed training - two days supplanted English, because it turns out that the real situation is not as magical as it was described at the time of registration of the manager, and at my free Saturdays and Sundays I have one lesson a week available with a teacher and a couple of media with the computer. True bonus was the fact that these two days, I used to the maximum, tripling the planned pace of the course, but still the idea that you have to wait almost half a year, until again will have the opportunity to attend training, psychological comfort did not help. Then he disappeared guitar - I became more careful to treat sleep time. Pencil left barely begun. On the horizon loomed a beautiful word «FAIL».

Lark Way h6> I could not help but notice that the evening is used inefficiently. For various reasons - fatigue after a busy day, lingering synchronization spare time with his wife (again I'm waiting for her to finish their work, then she waits until I finish what had to do while waiting for her) to, for example, a movie together look many small cases pending in the evening and just reading the news and small game as the rest of the brain. Unfragmented private time there after midnight, but most of it is allocated to the detriment of sleep, given the fact that it is necessary to get the maximum at 7 am.
Haunted the idea to allocate at least an hour of the morning. When the brain is restored susceptibility, and the world is still in a calm state. But for this it was necessary to go to the terrible, in terms of intelligence, measures - to wake up in the morning before you must i>.
To begin, I turned the alarm clock for half an hour ago. And he began to get up half an hour later, as was covered thoroughly develop the habit of getting up on the first call, without delay this point n times for 15 minutes in advance. It is generally understandable, because to go to bed before I did not, because it would mean the loss of ability to communicate with his wife. Another month went to the realization of meaninglessness attempts. And then I decided to involve her in the following experiment:

from the day we go to bed at 22-23: 00 pm; , respectively, to catch something to see if we are both home to 21:00 (average time when children are put to sleep) all the small things must be fulfilled; the rise in 05:00; experiment lasts a minimum of 30 days and covers all days, including weekends. < /At the moment, a little more than two weeks. My impressions are positive - after 30 days do not plan to stop. Here is a list of the profits obtained:
Now every day for an hour I give guitar practice. Noticeable progress significantly. People are often surprised - as are neighbors to the morning training guitar? I note that the practice is not necessarily "hack" so that the walls were shaking. In «Rocksmith 2014" is theoretically possible to do without a sound play - the game will show you the notes you get or not. And for me, the main thing now - to accumulate muscle memory, reaction and calluses on your fingers. The second hour of the morning or go to English (video tutorials, Domashka with courses), or read, or on operating procedures that require non-working time (and part storage and virtualization such suffice). And the morning comes profitable midnight, as by this time had already come to an end and the backups do not ship any disks or channels. Ceased a dilemma "shave or breakfast?". Now before work can slowly take a shower, breakfast and a variety of steel and hot in them not only tea. A more thoughtful brew coffee. Movies began to look less likely, but it has ceased to be familiar polurutinnoy procedure and gives a great impression. Instead, "it would be necessary to find a movie for the evening" is now often "appeared an interesting movie, it would be necessary to organize view». Since I still get up at 5, has agreed to work on the shift schedule - from 8 to 17, instead of from 9 to 18. The metro is less hustle and bustle, in the office during the first hour only 2 people, except me, so quietly you can tune in to the rhythm of work. Leaving from work at 17:00, I get into inaccessible to me earlier training schedule (18:00) and then get the opportunity to practice aikido. And in those days, that his wife just before, so Tuesday and Thursday are stored for the English or other events. Total - saved workouts, added guitar and English, the latter, in addition, forced, optimized the way to work and back, positive morning, due to the joint and extended a hearty breakfast the morning physical exercise. Trimmed slightly screenings and eliminated a significant portion of the evening "plunderers of time».
Subjectively, after the regime change has increased the duration of the day for about three hours. Particularly strong feelings on the weekend. Previously had the illusion that you can catch up on sleep on the weekends and get up later. So later and go, with spending time in vain, as a rule. The next day, while swung and came to the normal mode, already passed noon. Now no illusions - up still in 5. But in the output by altering a lot of cases, take a walk with the kids and play games, surprised to find that another hour of the day and there is still plenty of time.

postamble h4> The final factor, periodically plunges me into despair is hard 9-hour work schedule. With the acquisition of skills management tasks, priorities and objectives, the need to work in the regime established for bezyntellektualnoy conveyor activity in the factories can not oppress. The fact is that I noticed that the optimal sleep mode for me is not even 7-8 hour period and two periods of 4-4, or 4-3, or 5-2. As a result, I waste a few hours, struggling to stay awake and not being able to focus on matters that require concentration. It is sad to realize that there might be more productive, but the operating conditions calculated seemingly on squeezing maximum performance, it strongly interfere. I've said nothing, that on some days of work falls into 4 hours, in others at 10, but to sit on any given day is necessary to lock in place, knowing that he could do a lot more useful on other fronts without loss of quality in the main job. < br /> Unfortunately, my skills and knowledge focused on Enterprise-segment, and this is where a strong bureaucracy and egalitarianism. Looking and thinking for solving this problem. But that's another topic.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/221867/

Tags

See also

New and interesting