Amazing sunken forest: Lake Kaindy

Mountain Lake at an altitude of 2000 meters, the purest water unreal turquoise color and dead wood, standing among her - once there were trees. In the distance floats duck and screaming all around, and the echo of her grunt resounds in the mountains ... This morning just blew my mind.

Once upon a time, in 1910, because of an earthquake landslides blocked the gorge.

Soon the mountain river filled with water, which was also under the pine forest, before growing here.

Since this place is called "the drowned forest».

The same lonely duck floating in the distance:

Because of the very cold water in the lake tree trunks, fallen into the trap of over a hundred years ago, perfectly preserved.

One of the trunks somehow appeared on the shore:

The depth of the lake in some places is about thirty meters, and length - about four meters.

Seeing me, I prefer duck to sail away

The color of the turquoise water, very rich and changing weather.

Drowned Forest:

Let's look at it closer.

Apart from the river into the lake two small creek, which form miniature waterfalls near the shore. The name "Kaindy" is translated from Kazakh as "birch».

The explanation is simple - two kilometers away is the birch grove, it is not clear as there were among the Tien Shan forests.

In the 1980s, as a result of the passage of debris flood area of ​​the lake has decreased.

About the same level of water in it can be judged by the color of the white trunks.

Boulder, mossy.

Returning to a parking lot, I thought it was a second chance in life can not be presented. He took off his shoes, undressed and went into the icy water. Moving away ten meters, he breathed deeply and plunged headlong ...
At the time, over the surface of the water echoed the cry, which has a duck could not compete. Frightened, she decided it was removed ... But, circled over the lake, soon came back.

Meanwhile, the weather began to deteriorate. The tops of the surrounding mountains disappeared under the clouds

Note How to change the color of the lake, along with the weather:

Locals call the trunks of trees surviving "Guardians».

Some of them are right and others are already lopsided by age:

Standing in front of the gorge itself, as if peering is not going to anybody to go through it. I wonder who and by whom they are guarding?

Gathering camp decide to go upstairs to enjoy the view from a bird's flight.

Because of the very cold and clean water conifer trees is well preserved and can be seen at a depth.

This place is also very popular among divers. I would not mind myself, "walk" through the underwater forest of drowned more than a hundred years ago.

Meanwhile, the weather has finally deteriorated.

The color of the water changed once again, becoming much darker:

The tops, which we looked at just a few minutes ago, disappeared behind the thick veil. Perhaps it was the most amazing place for our whole trip to Kazakhstan.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting